Mythic Volume 1 by Phillip Hester

Mythic Volume 1

by Phillip Hester

Mythic Volume 1 by Phillip Hester is a fun ride. The premise that not only is there magic but it can break (so to speak) and be in need of fixing by a secret group is wonderful.

I felt it started a little slow, or something, I am not sure. Fortunately that feeling was short-lived and soon forgotten as I was swept up into the narrative. If, like me, you are unsure at first just keep going, you'll be happy you did.

The play between mythical characters and modernity is interesting. Yesterday's myths are, in many ways, what we might now consider magic or at least magical. If that magic was what was real all along then those mythical beings have done a remarkable job of keeping us in the dark.

Reviewed from a copy made available by the publisher via NetGalley. ( )
  pomo58 | Aug 26, 2016 |

Science is a lie, an opiate for the masses. The truth is, magic makes the world go 'round. And when magic breaks, MYTHIC fixes it. Apache shaman Waterson, Greek immortal Cassandra, and cell phone salesman Nate Jayadarma are the crack field team assigned with keeping the gears of the supernatural world turning, and more importantly, keeping you from ever knowing about it.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,760,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible