Recipe for Redemption by Anna J Stewart

Recipe for Redemption

by Anna J Stewart

322,001,085 (3.5)None
Recently added byLauigl, eliorajoy, super_librarian

Jason Corwin's life is in a shambles when he arrives at the Flutterby Inn in Butterfly Harbor, a California coastal town, where he's been sent to clear his head from the recent misfortunes that have befallen him. After having lost his twin brother, his career as a renowned chef and his reputation, Jason has convinced himself that walking away from his former life, instead of fighting to reclaim it, is the best option. That's until he meets Abby Manning, the beautiful, young and feisty Flutterby Inn Manager who can't cook if her life depended on it. So why on earth did she join a cooking contest? Abby could use Jason's help in the kitchen if she has any chance at winning the prize money that she desperately needs to save the inn that's been her grandmother's home for decades. But Jason is uppity, reticent and judgmental, and he grates on her nerves. That is until Abby's playful nature gradually peels away the layers of Jason's scarred heart to reveal the sensitive, charming man underneath. Soon they are working together amiably, healing each other. But will a bombshell threaten everything they've managed to accomplish together and destroy the strong feelings they both share for one another?

I loved this sweet romance novel. The pacing impressed me as it built gradually and then gained impetus to the very last page. Sometimes a book starts strong and then wanes. This was not the case with Recipe for Redemption. It reached a point where I was flipping pages so fast I couldn't believe I was at the end already. There are many things that I enjoyed about this book. I loved the relationship between Abby and her grandmother. There are tender, heartwarming moments between them that touched my heart. There are two very precocious kids that had me laughing out loud at their antics. Even the town, Butterfly Harbor, had much to recommend itself with its picturesqueness and supportive neighbors that rallied round Abby despite their knowledge of her inept cooking skills. A semi-eccentric character, a villain and the presence of butterflies all add to the endearing quality of this story.
Anna Stewart's writing is emotive, funny and definitely worth investing time in. A most delightful read. ( )
  Lauigl | May 23, 2017 |
I wanted to read this book because it was centered around a cooking competition. I like watching them on TV. Although it wasn't a Christian romance, thankfully, it was kept clean. Abby's home town of Butterfly Harbor is a made-up town, but located in a beautiful area of California. ( )
  eliorajoy | Nov 30, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,675,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible