My Darling Gunslinger by Lynne Barron

by Lynne Barron

411,664,912 (3.75)None
Recently added byroshaw80, CathyGeha

My Darling Gunslinger by Lynne Barron

What a delightful book! I was hooked on page one and captivated throughout.

Charlotte Grenville has been on the run for seven years when Tyler Morgan shows up wounded on her doorstep. The two of them had seen one another at a train station about a year previously and though their eyes met it was just a tip of the hat he gave her as she passed by him on the train platform.

With assassins after Charlotte’ son she has had to move often. She has a motley crew of mercenaries that have helped her learn skills while they provided protection to her and her son. She may appear to be pampered but she is resilient and willing to do anything to keep her son and his inheritance safe.

Tyler has come from a completely different background. He knows much about women but not so much about ladies. His presumptions about genteel ladies are somewhat shattered and then expanded as he gets to know Charlotte better. He has led the life of a gunman but dreams of being the owner of his own place with a wife and family at his side. His favorite book is a dictionary and he uses it often as he acquires new terms and expands his vocabulary. And, that is one of the fun and different aspects of this book – the multisyllabic terms used by Charlotte and how they are gradually incorporated into Tyler’s speech as he uses them in conversation.

The support characters were intriguing in appearance and so much more than what they appeared to be at first glance. In fact, some of them might need their stories told in separate books.

I have to thank Pam Labbe from Aurora Publicity for the copy of this author’s book in exchange for my honest review.

I loved this book and recommend it to anyone looking for a historical romance that is heartwarming, filled with wonderful characters and a pleasure to read.

5 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Jul 12, 2016 |

Lynne Barron is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,661,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible