Because of an Acorn by Lola M. Schaefer

Because of an Acorn

by Lola M. Schaefer

I really liked this book, it was very cute. This book as really pretty illustrations. There were not many words to describe what is going on in the pictures, I feel though that there are just enough detail in the pictures to understand what is going on. this is a great book to introduce the concept of a food chain and how plants and animals fit into them. I think if I used this in the classroom I would then have a activity where they had to use different animals to create a food chain. I think this book will be able to engage students in a classroom. ( )
  wallk18 | May 16, 2019 |
An acorn is the beginning of so much. This book is a fantastic nonfiction that tells readers how an acorn grows into a tree, where a bird nests, and a seed becomes a flower. Students can discuss what we can do to help our ecosystem as well as the circle of life. ( )
  KBosnak | Aug 12, 2018 |
I love this book for its beautiful images of how one tiny acorn can affect an entire forest and the world we live in. This informational piece shows young readers how a tiny acorn can grow a tree and how that tree attracts more animals and more seeds and more forests. ( )
  ElizabethHogeland | Aug 8, 2018 |
This story starts from the acorn, and where it goes after that. It shows you what happens after a acorn. ( )
  lg503 | Jun 9, 2018 |
This story shows how an acorn affects the things around it.
  mapeck129 | Dec 2, 2017 |

"This enchanting and informative picture book explores the vital connections between the layers of an ecosystem, relating how every tree, flower, plant, and animal connect to one another in spiraling circles of life."--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,629,572 books! | Top bar: Always visible