Because of an Acorn by Lola M. Schaefer

Because of an Acorn

by Lola M. Schaefer

I love any book that will teach kids about the life cycle, without mentioning a very hungry caterpillar. This book does more than just introduce students to the life cycle of an acorn, it talks about how it impacts the environment, and how something as small as an acorn can have such a huge impact on everything around it. That's exactly what I would use this book for - to help kids understand how every part of nature plays such a huge part in the environment. ( )
  danimeineke | Nov 6, 2016 |
While visiting my favorite independent bookstore, I love perusing their children's books. This one got my attention because I love nature books for kids. As I began flipping through the pages, I knew I was going to love it by the first page.

Through simple words and gorgeous illustrations, children are shown the life-cycle of an acorn and how it affects the environment that it lives in. From the acorn to the tree to the seed to the bird to the flower to the fruit to the forest, and everything in between, all of the living things in the forest depend on each other.

The illustrations are just gorgeous with almost a three-dimensional feel to them. Children will love looking at the various things on the pages and learning the cycle of life in the forest. A few of the pages have these gorgeous die-cut images that take kids from one page to the next.

Even the youngest children can learn the importance of taking care of our environment and how each piece is important to the other. I can't wait to send this book off to my little great niece who I know will love reading this sweet story of an acorn. This book is a wonderful celebration of fall for young readers. ( )
  Staciele | Sep 8, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,898,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible