Leave This Song Behind: Teen Poetry at Its…

Leave This Song Behind: Teen Poetry at Its Best

by John Meyer

721,138,814 (4)None

First of all, thanks to NetGalley and TeenInk for giving me a chance to read and review this book!

Leave This Song Behind is a collection of absolutely beautiful and meaningful poems!

The fact that all of the poems are written by teenagers only adds to its charms.

I enjoyed all of the poems. They were deep, meaningful and absolutely beautiful.

Though I did enjoy them all, some of them became my favorites. 'Year Of The Dragon by Miriam Himelstein', 'A Letter to the Past, Present and Future Selves by Sofia Wesley', were some of my favorites while 'The Sistine Closet by Hannah Livernois' was my absolute favorite!

Though at times I spotted some punctuation mistakes and the page formatting was a bit confusing, the poems were absolutely beautiful and I loved them all! ( )
  Swibells | Nov 28, 2017 |
“You aren't just runny punctuation. You are the story.”

Leyendo esto me di cuenta de dos cosas:

1.- Los adolescentes pueden ser los peores poetas del mundo. Mucho egocentrismo y poco estilo literario propio.

2.- Los adolescentes pueden ser los mejores poetas del mundo. Sienten todo tan apasionadamente. (Y ¿qué es la poesía si no una muestra de pasión?)

No importa si el poema trata acerca del amor, de la muerte o de un lavamanos que gotea; puedes sentir la emoción tras las palabras, la sinceridad del sentimiento.

Una antología bien pensada y que mejora a medida que avanza. Inclusive los poemas malos (que son unos cuantos) tienen un encanto especial por esa patente ingenuidad juvenil de que basta con escribir exactamente lo que sientes y dividirlo en versos para tener un poema.

Una colección que me deja gratamente sorprendida, con un nuevo poema para la lista de favoritos (“The Sistine Closet” es una maravilla) y con la certeza de que sí hay jóvenes con talento allí fuera.

Nuestro futuro literario no está solo en mano de booktubers y es un alivio. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |

It's been 10 years since the last book in the Teen Ink series Written in the Dirt was published. Now, a whole new batch of teen writers has emerged with their own unique voices. Leave This Song Behind features the best poetry submitted by those writers to Teen Ink over the last five years.

The pieces in this book were chosen because they were so powerful that they stood out from the rest. Teen Ink editors took a deep look into each poem's strengths then divided Leave This Song Behind into seven sections based on the poetic techniques or qualities that moved them most. Vivid sensory details made some poems shine; others caught their attention with simple, sparse language. Still others were chosen because of their thoughtful use of form; compelling stories; strong figurative language; unexpected connections and wit; and fresh writing about familiar topics.

Dig in and let these brave young voices capture your heart and mind with their passion, their pain, and their amazing poetry!

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 05 Aug 2016 19:14:27 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,888,931 books! | Top bar: Always visible