Day By Day Armageddon: Ghost Run by J. L.…

Day By Day Armageddon: Ghost Run (2016)

by J. L. Bourne

A great series is back on track.

The first book in this series, Day By Day Armageddon: Origin to Exile, set the standard for my zombie apocalype reading a with decent first person diary format. When Shattered Hourglass came out, the 3rd person format and moving around the world to get viewpoints from different characters, almost ruined it for me. But, finally with Ghost Run, JL Bourne brings the series back home. Though not a diary format, it is in first person and does focus primarily on the lead character's adventures and survival while moving across the SE United States trying to reach a destination.

The only thing that still makes me give a double take in the author's tendency to cut the ending of his books short with abrupt, summarized endings. If properly developed, for both Shattered Hourglass and Ghost Run, he could have easily added another 50-100 pages to each to fully review end of book details and events. These abbreviated endings give the impression that the author just got tired of writing and wrapped up the books hastily or had a tight suspense to finish the books.

Overall this last book in the DBDA series is good stuff. The first person viewpoint is the expectation I have come to want in my zombie reading. ( )
  usma83 | Dec 12, 2016 |
I loved the first two books in the Day by Day series, I felt let down by the third and as such I was a little uncertain whether or not to invest a hefty $18.95 in the fourth instalment to the series, Ghost Run.

Having now finished Ghost Run, I can say it was well worth every cent. Not only is the format back to the journal style so loved in books 1 & 2 that was unfortunately left behind in #3, but the action and raw survival is also much more relate-able.

An excellent post apocalypse novel, whilst you needn't read the former 3 books in the series I think you're missing out post apocalypse gold if you at least don't read the first two books. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Sep 30, 2016 |
I am a fan of a good zombie novel. Although, lately I think that the word "zombie" has been portrayed as more of something to not really fear like "Edward" from the Twlight series. When in honesty if I ever met the types of "zombies" featured in this series, I would be afraid. I would want someone like our protagonist fighting along side me.

The author's description of everything is so vivid that the story just comes alive within these pages. The concept of a daily journal is great as it really makes the protagonist's voice stronger. Also, it was like I was experiencing everything through his eyes.

This is the last book in this series. I did miss book three but I still had no problems jumping right in and reading this book. This is because the author in the beginning of the book gives a quick three minute recap of the series book by book. Although to fully enjoy this series, I would recommend reading all the books in this series. I do look forward to what this author has in store next. ( )
  Cherylk | Jul 18, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 150111669X, Paperback)

The acclaimed and eagerly anticipated fourth thriller in the zombie apocalypse series from the author of Day by Day Armageddon and Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile, for fans of the smash hit show The Walking Dead.

In a desperate bid to survive as hordes of bloodthirsty undead now dominate the ravaged U.S. population, a Navy commander discovers an incredible secret about the pandemic in this fourth novel in the acclaimed Day by Day Armageddon series.

Task Force Phoenix may be humanity’s final hope, and the narrator's agonizing decisions could mean living one more day—or surrendering to the eternal hell that exists between life and death.

Ghost Run is a suspenseful, gripping, and intelligent thriller that will terrify die-hard horror fans and reinforce J.L. Bourne’s reputation as “the new king of hardcore zombie action” (Brad Thor, author of Act of War).

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 22 Jun 2016 13:11:38 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,990,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible