The Misadventures of Catie Bloom by Brooke…

The Misadventures of Catie Bloom

by Brooke Stanton

207515,329 (4.3)3

I received a copy for an honest review. I really did want to like this book as it seemed like Catie's "life" and lies would be exposed. However, it just seemed like she was very selfish and didn't take accountability nor really respect anyone around her. I couldn't understand how someone could fall in love with a pathological liar. I didn't like the story. ( )
  FReads | Mar 7, 2017 |
I got this book about two months ago and was not able to read it right away. I apologize Miss Brooke Stanton profusely. I really am sorry for not reading this book sooner.

The Misadventures of Catie Bloom is a hilarious disaster story. It could easily become a hit rom-com in the big screen.

Catie Bloom is a popular lifestyle guru. Her fame started with just a blog and was later featured in a magazine. From there, Catie's life and career took off to heights she never even dreamed. From broke to writing for a hit magazine column and a segment in Wake up America. These are what dreams are made off until she was asked to do an interview which could just be the fuse to her ruin.

I signed up for a copy of this book in Library Thing and never gotten to read it right away. Now, I am scolding myself why. I was reminded again that I had this book when I read about the coming release of The Adventures of Natalie Bloom, so I decided I should find time to read this book. And I am glad I finally did. This book was like a balm to any sore or ache. This will absolutely make you forget all your discomfort. It was so hilarious and insane. I don't know if I like Catie or I want to hit her in the head. But I am impressed by how she had made it big and popular with all the lies that she filed one after the other.

Natalie Bloom, I would say, is one martyr sister. I totally understand all the sacrifices and help she gave Catie but she has to put some boundaries. Good thing, she finally realized that. Though, it had to take a lot of mishaps before she screamed enough is enough.

I definitely agree with the title. This is absolutely the capital MISADVENTURES of Catie Bloom. It was amusing watching all the characters squirm and cope with all the stress and blunders Catie has caused. At the same time, I feel for all of them. It seemed like they were powerless to stop anything at all. I totally enjoyed this book and can't wait for The Adventures of Natalie Bloom. And guess what, I already have a copy so I will be off to join her in her adventures or could it be misadventures just like Catie? I really hope so. Sounds like fun!

I give the book 4/5 pans of burned cake. I think every girl who has lied to save a job or to get out of a bind can relate to Catie Bloom. Every girl has been a Catie or a Natalie at least once in her life. I also have an older sister and we are very close. Just like Natalie, I would do anything for her, a thousand times over. And this book just reminds of that deep sisterly love that you would do anything to save or help your sister, even if it is giving up or postponing something you really want to do. This book is about trying hard to fake it till you make it and even acing it. This is about fighting for your dreams.

...but those little lies, one on top of another, had fallen hard on my small shoulders, making the consequences far worse than they would have been had I first confessed.
- Brooke Stanton, The Misadventures of Catie Bloom -

Thank you again, Librarything.com and Brooke Stanton for the copy. ( )
  iamnotabookworm | Dec 2, 2016 |
A fast chick lit read. You don't know until the end who's going to end up with who. And in the meantime all sorts of catastrophies happen.

It certainly isn't worth continuing the series. ( )
  MarthaJeanne | Nov 14, 2016 |
Thanx so much!!! Enjoyed reading it!!! :) ( )
1 vote jennifferhope | Oct 21, 2016 |
This was cute and quirky and I enjoyed the book a lot! I loved the funny antics and the way it played out in the end. Good reading! ( )
1 vote mcgeerhonda | Oct 17, 2016 |

From award-winning author Brooke Stanton...

Catie Bloom has it all.

A gorgeous husband, cooking skills to rival Julia Child, a wildly successful column for Simply Chic magazine, and The New York Times just labeled her the younger, hipper Martha Stewart for the next generation.

Except, it’s all a lie.

No husband. She can't cook. She can't even organize her underwear drawer.

It all comes to a head when Catie's boss invites a TV crew into her home to film a homecoming special featuring the latest media darling—panty-dropping Max Euston, a travel journalist whose latest assignment left him wounded, recovering from amnesia, and a national hero. Now Catie needs to learn to cook, fake being a Domestic Goddess, and find a husband in less than a week. And it all needs to seamlessly come together while being filmed on national TV.

A story about realizing who you are through self-deception, love, heartbreak, and, finally, self-discovery.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:03:20 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Brooke Stanton's book The Misadventures of Catie Bloom was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Brooke Stanton is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,426,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible