Beneath These Lies (Volume 5) by Meghan…

Beneath These Lies (Volume 5)

by Meghan March

Series: Beneath (5)

Review to come ( )
  pcorrea3 | Dec 19, 2016 |
I absolutely loved this book. The narration really was phenomenal in this audiobook. I am pretty much convinced that I would have liked this book if I had picked up a print copy to read but the narration made me fall in love with the story. I didn't want to stop listening and I really didn't stop very often. I am so glad that I picked this one up.

I really liked the characters in this story. Characters are always important but with a romance novel they are really vital to the story. This book was just filled with great characters. Valentina is a gallery owner who has been through some things in her past. She is worried about her missing employee who is more like a little sister to her than anything else. Detective Hennessy is the man who helped her when she was victimized before. She goes to him for help in finding her employee but when he can't offer a lot of help she starts looking on her own. Rix is the local gang leader who may be able to help her find her friend.

Kind of sounds a bit like a love triangle doesn't it? It really was a love triangle at the start of the book and I can't believe it but I loved that about the story. I had no idea who Valentina would end up with and I really liked them both. They were both strong characters that were a completely alpha males. I thought it was interesting how the two men were alike in so many ways but very different in others with one being a detective while the other one is running the local gang. I couldn't step away from this book because I had to know who Valentina would end up with.

Eventually Valentina's choice became obvious but I found there was still so many other things that I had to know. I loved the chemistry between the characters and the sexy scenes were very well done. There was actually a lot of excitement in the story as things moved towards the end. I was really rooting for the couple to get their happily ever after despite all of the obstacles.

Andi Arndt and Sebastian York really brought this story to life. The bulk of the narration was done my Ms. Arndt but Sebastian York's parts came in at just the right time to really add to the story. Their voices were both perfect for this story. Andi Arndt did a wonderful job with the parts of the book from Valentina's point of view. She displayed a wide range of emotions and did a great job with all of the dialog in the story. Sebastian York narrated the sections of the book from Detective Hennessy and Rix's points of view. He really did a fantastic job with both of the these characters and his narration really helped me imagine these two alpha men. I love both of these narrators and think that their narration styles really compliment each other. I will definitely look for both Andi Arndt and Sebastian York again soon.

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance with a bit of an edge. If you have the chance to listen to the audiobook, that is the best way to experience the story in my opinion. This is the listed as the fifth book in the series but it works well as a stand alone. This is the second book by Meghan March that I have had a chance to read and I hope to look for other works soon.

I received a review copy of this audiobook from Blackstone Audio via Audiobook Jukebox for the purpose of providing an honest review. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Jun 22, 2016 |

Look, but don’t touch…she might as well wear a neon sign that says it. It just makes me want her more.

She might be above me in every way, but I still want her under me.

I’ve got no business touching her rich-girl skin, but that won’t stop me from stealing a taste. Because rules were meant to be broken—especially when the prize is so fine.

In a world where nothing is as it seems, what's buried beneath these lies?

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,857,561 books! | Top bar: Always visible