Seashell Season by Holly Chamberlin

Seashell Season

by Holly Chamberlin

202515,329 (4.33)1

This is a book that I had requested when I got notice that my library would be purchasing that I thought it would be a great summer read. It barely made it in time for summer reading! As I thought, this is a good summer read, it holds your interest but you are able to put it down to go get things done. For sixteen years, Verity Peterson has mourned the loss of her daughter, Gemma, who was abducted at the age of 2 months by the baby's father. It has been a difficult time for Verity does her best to make a life in the same town so that If her daughter can easily find her. Then, Alan, the father is arrested for stealing a car and put in jail on abduction charges. Then, Gemma, known as Marni Armstrong, is finally back with her mother. The mother/daughter relationship is full of challenges since Gemma/Marni was told that Verity was an unfit mother. ( )
  Dianekeenoy | Sep 6, 2016 |
Seashell Season by Holly Chamberlin
Have enjoyed other books by the author. This one starts out with Verity and she's staying at her friends house while she gets her life back in order after leaving her boyfriend Alan.
Her daughter Gemma is with her and Barbara will babysit while Verity works. One day she gets a call that Gemma is gone, Alan took her.
She gets on with her life after many years go by getting back into her artsy side and actually getting a job at the local college. The call she thought she'd get it's 17 years later and they have her daughter and will board you on a plane from AZ to ME.
She is beside herself as the town has backed her the whole 17 years with support. She has so many unanswered questions about how her daughter was raised. Alan is put in prison and he's lied to Gemma about everything he told her. Her mother is alive and so is her grandmother...
Alternating chapters on how each one is dealing with being reunited. Love the beach and the collecting of the seashells.
At times the book gets boring as it's over 400 pages long. There's a huge story behind the pages though and glad I was able to get through all of it. As it's boring there are also many twists and turns along the way, helping to tell the story of the two females as others come and go into their life's.
Q&A at the end and discussion questions.
I received this book from The Kennsington Books in exchange for my honest review ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 8, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,974,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible