Peg Entwistle and the Hollywood Sign…

Peg Entwistle and the Hollywood Sign Suicide: A Biography

by Jr. James Zeruk

312,786,410 (5)None
Recently added byChazziFrazz

I read this on my Kindle, on loan from my daughter's collection. We both share an interest in old Hollywood and the people of that time.

The author sets out to dispel the myths that surround the death of Peg Entwistle. A death that has a wide variety of explanations attached to it, the majority created by the publicity machine back than and since.

Originally she was portrayed as a failed actress who gave up. Through the author's intense research and access to family archives a different story emerges. She comes from a theatrical family and has a solid background of working in the theater on and off Broadway. This is shown in the information the author finds and provides along with photographs from her life at various times.

She was not a stranger or new comer to California, but had been raised here off and on. She was an independent spirit and lived for acting, yet she did have common sense.

The book gives a good look into the this period of time in stage and movies and the people who lived there. The style of writing pulls you along and gives you a feeling of actually being there.

I found it to be a Goodread. ( )
  ChazziFrazz | Jun 23, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,074,225 books! | Top bar: Always visible