Deceived (A Dark Alliance Novel) by Kate…

Deceived (A Dark Alliance Novel)

by Kate SeRine

Action-packed from beginning to end! This romantic suspense had me hooked from the beginning and kept me turning pages till I finished. It was dark and edgy with deception, murder, friendships, family, romance and more.

Two historical groups, the Knights Templar and the Illuminati, have regrouped and gone dark at some point in the past. Both are vying for supremacy and world domination but one seems to be slightly better than the other. Luke Rogan, a Templar, is given the mission of keeping Sarah Scoffield and her son Eli safe after Sarah’s father is injured. Finding out who is out to get Eli and why lies at the root of his mission. A Templar gives up much and is not supposed to get involved or have ties but Luke finds this more and more difficult as time with Sarah continues. Knowing who to trust is not easy and could prove lethal. I loved Luke, Sara and Eli – their personalities, strengths and interactions as they got to know one another and grew together into a unit.

This is a new author to me and I found her work exciting and thoroughly enjoyable. I look forward to reading more of her books and the second book in this series when it comes out.

Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for the eARC in exchange for my honest review.

4.5 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Jun 27, 2016 |
I really enjoyed the story once I got into and think its going to be a pretty kick-ass series. My problem with it was I thought I'd jumped into the middle of an already existing series. I had to stop and check on Goodreads to make sure it was the first book. After I figured that out, I dove into the book and read it in one sitting. I liked that even though everyone thought of Sarah as a weak woman, that she came out swinging when she needed too. I loved the fact that Eli was just a normal kid; acting as a normal kid. And Luke. What can I say about Luke? Besides that he's tall, dark, and deadly, he was also good man that actually listened to himself when it came to what he wanted. Even if the things he wanted most where things that would change his entire life. Looking forward to finding out what is going on with Maddie and Jack.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Jun 23, 2016 |

Kate SeRine is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,768,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible