Silence fallen by Patricia Briggs

Silence fallen (edition 2017)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:AFaith
Title:Silence fallen
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:New York : Ace, 2017.
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:to-read, GRimport

Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs

Patricia Briggs, you have done it again! I can not say I have followed this book series from the beginning, this is book 10, so stop now if you haven’t read the rest, but I love this series.

This follows Mercy after she is kidnapped by the Lord of the Night, and all the adventure that ensues! I will not say more than that. Being able to experience the Lord of the Night was fantastic!

I will say that this isn’t my favorite in the series, and I love Adam and Mercy and want a book with them together, the whole time. A whole book.

Go, read this fantasy novel that makes you think. Think about everything. Do it. ( )
  Sandeen | Feb 7, 2019 |
I love this series this book did not disappoint. After reading he whole mecryverse books I should’ve figured out “Matt Smith” way earlier! I absolutely LOVE Adam’s POV chapters in every book ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
This series is consistently strong. I could read the whole series over from book one. Actually, I want to do that.

I love Mercy's strength, courage, cleverness, magic, and her trickster heritage. I love Adam's loyalty and devotion and his wolf. I love the web of friendships and community they've built that help keep them strong. All are well and fully displayed in this novel.

Such a fun read. I loved being able to get lost in a book again - stayed up too late reading more than once, in a crazy busy week that really could have done with more sleep.

A surprise at the end made me re-read several scenes looking for hints. My read is this was truly a surprise to almost all the characters, but I'd really like to ask the author about that if I ever got the chance. ( )
  chavala | Dec 29, 2018 |
Mercy is almost killed and is abducted and manages to survive and while Adam isn't always literally there for her, he is there for her.Mercy's view of Prague is not bad, but Adams view of Italy could be anywhere. ( )
  quondame | Dec 17, 2018 |
Loved this book! It was great to read chapters from Adam's perspective, and to see him getting outside of his comfort zone with some vampire diplomacy. Not all of my favourite characters were in it, but the ones who were were at their best, particularly Honey, Marsilia, Elizaveta, and Matt Smith (who is not the doctor). Adam and Mercy were seperately awesome, Libor, Bonarata and the goblins were great new characters, and the major villains were appropriately frightening and creepy.

I would have liked to see more of a build-up around the Golem, but I also thought it was appropriate that his place in the plot was a surprise, and I'm not sure it would have been possible to have both of those things at once. I missed the presence of the Pack, particularly Ben and Warren, but it was definitely the right choice not to try to shoehorn too many of them into the main plot. I'm sure they'll be back in the next novel (Storm Cursed, coming out March 2019!) ( )
  Enyonam | Aug 15, 2018 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Enzweiler, MichaelMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Peters, AnnContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santos, Daniel DosCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This wasn't the first time chocolate got me in trouble

I DIED FIRST, SO I MADE COOKIES.
'Poor little one,' he crooned, cupping my face. 'It was not my intention to hurt you.'

I really wasn't myself. I am generally very good about accommodating megalomaniacal egomaniacs and waiting until it was safe to torment them. I had grown up doing that. But my head hurt, and he was creeping me out.

'Epic failure,' I told him. 'I'll have you know that I expect my archenemies to be competent.' (chapter 1)

In the #1 New York Times bestselling Mercy Thompson novels, the coyote shapeshifter has found her voice in the werewolf pack. But when Mercy’s bond with the pack—and her mate—is broken, she’ll learn what it truly means to be alone...

Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon to use against alpha werewolf Adam and the ruler of the Tri-Cities vampires. In coyote form, Mercy escapes—only to find herself without money, without clothing, and alone in the heart of Europe...

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 24 Jun 2016 17:52:26 -0400)

"A new hardcover in the acclaimed Mercy Thompson series--from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Fire Touched. Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon to use against alpha werewolf Adam and the ruler of the Tri-Cities vampires. In coyote form, Mercy escapes--only to find herself without money, without clothing, and alone in the heart of Europe... Unable to contact Adam and the rest of the pack, Mercy has allies to find and enemies to fight, and she needs to figure out which is which. Ancient powers stir, and Mercy must be her agile best to avoid causing a war between vampires and werewolves, and between werewolves and werewolves. And in the heart of the ancient city of Prague, old ghosts rise..."--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,579,429 books! | Top bar: Always visible