When It Hooks You by Nicki Elson

When It Hooks You

by Nicki Elson

I honestly did not find this book engaging to me. But that said, I only made it through the first 20 pages. I found the writing choppy I couldn't continue. Therefore, I am not giving it a rating. Clearly it was not for me.
  L.R.W.Lee | Jul 26, 2016 |
Reading this book was a treat. The story was completely believable and the characters well developed. Nicki did a great job describing Trish's emotions and throughout the story I could "see" her emotional growth. I highly recommend this book! ( )
  JenT815 | Jul 26, 2016 |
Almost any woman who has been madly in love someone, anticipating the day when her HEA is about to happen, but then getting the rug pulled from under her when the guy suddenly dumps her totally relate to what’s happening Trish Cerise. She should have accepted his marriage proposal when he had asked.

Not wanting to be hurt again you, like Trish, would set up some sort of mechanism designed to prevent history from repeating itself so tragically. In her case, she decides to limited dating any guy for more than three times, because statistically this is when relationship begin to take a nosedive, slowly at first, but then why wait for the inevitability to happen.

We both know, deep down inside, that this is merely a charade because what woman can go without getting her HEA before her biological clock stops. There’s always some guy who will cause the best laid plan to go awry. This is what happens when Adam Helms steps into her life at work. Adam is a guy who like Trish wants to keep any relationship from getting too serious. However a KISMET steps in and all of their held-fast rules get thrown out of the window because of how intense their relationship has become.

Is there a HEA for these two forlorn lovers? This is something I’m not going to say.

The story itself is well written with a good characterization of its two protagonists which made for an enjoyable reading experience for me.

One way I know has touched me is when I start hearing a song in my mind, which is what happened here. There are several songs which deal with topic of someone making someone else fall in love with them. But the song which I’m referring to goes all the way back to 1913, and has been sung by scores of singers, first of who was Al Jolson. If you read the lyrics for the song you might feel the same way I do in regards to this book’s storyline

You made me love you
I didn't want to do it, I didn't want to do it
You made me love you
And all the time you knew it
I guess you always knew it.
You made me happy sometimes, you made me glad
But there were times, Dear, you made me feel so bad

You made me sigh for, I didn't want to tell you
I didn't want to tell you
I want some love that's true, yes I do, deed I do, you know I do

Give me, give me, give me what I cry for
You know you got the brand of kisses that I'd die for
You know you made me love you.

For giving her readers a romance novel which really represents a real life scenario I’m giving Ms. Elson 5 STARS.

I had received a mobi.file copy for this book through the author’s recent giveaway on LibraryThing and the above has been my honest opinion. ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Jul 12, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Nicki Elson's book When It Hooks You was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Nicki Elson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,767,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible