Close to You by Kristen Proby

Close to You

by Kristen Proby

Series: Fusion (2)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
When I received this book, I had no idea it was part of a series, but that didn't keep me from enjoying Close to You just as much as I would have had I read the first book. I love these kind of contemporary romance. I know they're a little formulaic but I still love them, haha. I found Cami to be an overall likeable character, and Landon to be believably romantic. I've heard of Kristen Proby before but had never read any novels from her, after finishing this one a few weeks ago, I'm eager to look into her other works! ( )
  RJGonzales | May 2, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Close To You is a good read. A bit predictable for the most part, but still quite enjoyable. The story and characters are charming in their own way. I haven't read first book, but I didn't get lost or anything while reading this one. It's a book I would recommend to others and mine I would read again. ( )
  DARKANG3L | Oct 21, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Wow!!! I absolutely LOVED this book! I was instantly hooked on the beautiful characters in this story! They quickly stole my heart and made me a part of their story. I felt a part of each page turn, each smile or kiss they had for each other. That takes lots of talent! I definitely loved this book and I can't wait to recommend it to all my book lover friends! Well done! ( )
  CafinatedReads | Sep 5, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
'Close to You' was my first Kristen Proby book. It's part of a companion series, about five friends who start a restaurant together, but I had no trouble reading it as a standalone. Cami is the accountant of the group, and her forever crush is Landon, a wounded Navy pilot, who also happens to be her best friend and co-restaurant-owner's brother.

This is essentially a light, sweet romance of friends who grew up together, liked each other from afar, but not until they were adults and had gone through some things on their own, did they finally get together. The characters are all likable for the most part. They go through things we can all relate to in one way or another. And the love story between Cami and Landon is sweet and something I easily cheered for. But if you're looking for angst, this one is way low on the angst scale. These are adults who know how to handle their problems for the most part, so when you have characters who are mature and know what they want in life and a relationship, you get a sweet read low on major conflict, and conflict that is easily resolved. And you know what? That's okay. Not every romance needs the hero and heroine acting like idiots. But just be warned, there isn't a lot of drama, though a few twists and turns were thrown in there for good measure.

Overall, I did enjoy this one. If you're looking for a light afternoon read, a sexy romance, and a sweet couple who can handle their drama, this one's for you. ( )
  teaparty5 | Aug 23, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A warm and funny story with a great cast of characters that will definitely warm your heart and make you feel like you know them. Toward the end when the male character makes a speech that is over the top and awkward to read. Otherwise, good book. Great book to take on a trip or take to the beach! ( )
  ShariOH | Aug 16, 2016 |

Kristen Probyprimary authorall editionscalculated
DeLisle, ArielleReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wayne, RogerReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Kristen Proby comes the second novel in her sizzling Fusion series.

Camilla, “Cami,” LaRue was five-years-old when she first fell in love with Landon Palazzo. Everyone told her the puppy love would fade—they clearly never met Landon. When he left after graduation without a backward glance, she was heartbroken. But Cami grew up, moved on, and became part-owner of wildly popular restaurant Seduction. She has everything she could want...or so she thinks.

After spending the last twelve years as a Navy fighter pilot, Landon returns to Portland to take over the family construction business. When he catches a glimpse of little Cami LaRue, he realizes she’s not so little any more. He always had a soft spot for his little sister’s best friend, but nothing is soft now when he’s around the gorgeous restauranteur.

Landon isn’t going to pass up the chance to make the girl-next-door his. She’s never been one for romance, but he’s just the one to change her mind. Will seduction be just the name of her restaurant or will Cami let him get close enough to fulfill all her fantasies?

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 24 Jun 2016 21:36:51 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kristen Proby's book Close to You was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,938,261 books! | Top bar: Always visible