Start Late, Finish Rich: A No-Fail Plan for…

Start Late, Finish Rich: A No-Fail Plan for Achieving Financial Freedom at…

by David Bach

Recently added byterrybailey, bluet, Vagabondbookman, private library, RevJames, rbartholomew, bsjcfp2014

A review of Bach's basic principles here, but good advice about saving, no matter what your age. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
100% common sense. Written circa 2004 so some of the comments about investments (eg.,real estate) are super optimistic and perhaps a bit dated. ( )
  Sandydog1 | Jan 29, 2011 |
Practical advice from the pay yourself first and delayed gratification school of saving your way to financial freedom with some modern, practical caveats of what to do with your savings to ward against the you can't simply save it, you've got to apply it within today's financial environment.
  tjcasserly | Aug 3, 2010 |
This is the third time I read this book, but it was also actually the first in which I read it in its entirety. Back at the age of 18 when I first picked up the "Automatic Millionaire", a lot of the concepts Bach covers were unfamiliar so I grew bored and simply skimmed the pages. Fast forward 5 years later, after finally paying off my credit card debt and now starting on my student loans, I wish I paid better attention.

Though I took my time deliberately in going through this book, it still took me 2 days to finish because I literally couldn't put it down. A lot of the things he says make sense. I liked what he had to say a lot because the concepts were easy to comprehend; the author was honest and he also provided a lot of resources to further help you with your personal research and goals. In addition, the writing style was different from most finance books I've read. It was humble, down to earth and simplified--no big snobby CEO listing his major life accomplishments and the names of celebs he's rubbed elbows with. Most importantly, Bach doesn't go too all out on how wonderful this plan is, and how easy it is to become a millionaire overnight. He's realistic. He says it's possible, but it's hard work and becoming rich certainly does not happen instantaneously.

Unlike the workbook, this book was clear cut and included tangible strategies on how to immediately take action. Only downside is, I think he threw everything in this book towards the end. It's good to have various ways of increasing income, but I started to feel a little overwhelmed. You don't have to do everything. Pick and choose what's best for you.

Overall, Bach wrote a good book. No frills. Just good old fashioned advice and common sense. ( )
  cmlorena | Jun 17, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0767919475, Paperback)

David Bach has a plan to help you live and finish rich—no matter where you start

So you feel like you’ve started late?

You are not alone.

What if I told you that right now as you flip through this book, 70% of the people in the store with you are living paycheck to paycheck?

What if I told you that the man browsing the aisle to your left owes more than $8,000 in credit card debt? And the woman on your right has less than $1,000 in savings?

See? You’re really not alone.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people who’ve saved too little and borrowed too much will never catch up financially. Why? Because they don’t know how.

You can start late and finish rich—but you need a plan.

This book contains the plan. It’s inspiring, easy to follow, and is based on proven financial principles. Building a secure financial future for yourself isn’t something you can do overnight. It will take time and it will take work. But you can do it.

I know. I’ve helped millions of people get their financial lives together—and I can help you. Spend a few hours with me—and let me challenge you. Give me a chance to become your coach.

Just because you started late doesn’t mean you are doomed to an uncertain future. Whether you’re in your thirties, forties, fifties, or beyond, there is still time to turn things around. It’s never too late to live and finish rich. All it takes is the decision to start.

—David Bach

Is it too late for me to get rich?

Over and over, people share their fears with David Bach, America’s leading money coach and the number-one national best-selling author of The Automatic Millionaire. “If only I had started saving when I was younger!” they say. “Is there any hope for me?”

There IS hope, and help is here at last!

In Start Late, Finish Rich, David Bach takes the “Finish Rich” wisdom that has already helped millions of people and tailors it specifically to all of us who forgot to save, procrastinated, or got sidetracked by life’s unexpected challenges.

Whether you are in your thirties, forties, fifties, or even older, Bach shows that you really can start late and still live and finish rich – and you can get your plan in place fast. In a motivating, swift read you learn how to ramp up the road to financial security with the principles of spend less, save more, make more – and most important, LIVE MORE. And he gives you the time tested plan to do it.

The Start Late, Finish Rich promise is bold and clear:

Even if you are buried in debt – there is still hope.

You can get rich in real estate – by starting small.

Find your “Latte Factor” – and turbo charge it to save money you didn’t know you had.

You can start a business on the side – while you keep your old job and continue earning a paycheck.

You can spend less, save more and make more – and it doesn’t have to hurt.

David Bach gives you step-by-step instructions, worksheets, phone numbers and website addresses --everything you need to put your Start Late plan into place right away. And he shares the stories of ordinary Americans who have turned their lives around, at thirty, forty, fifty, even sixty years of age, and are now financially free. They did it, and now it’s your turn. With David Bach at your side, it’s never too late to change your financial destiny. It’s never too late to live your dreams. It’s never too late to be free.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:48 -0400)

Offers financial hope for individuals who have forgotten to save for their retirement, sharing his secrets for achieving financial freedom regardless of one's age or status in life, using the principles of spend less, save more, and make more.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,972,141 books! | Top bar: Always visible