Lola Levine: Drama Queen by Monica Brown

Lola Levine: Drama Queen

by Monica Brown

This story follows Lola, a soccer playing girl who can do anything and not get scared. However, when she has to audition and perform in front of people she suddenly loses her confidence. ( )
  Cristina_Torres | Apr 24, 2018 |
Lola is auditioning for a school play and things are not going well for her. I think this is a great book to introduce students to chapter book and engage them in wanting to read longer things. It uses good vocabulary and would be good for upper elementary students. ( )
  tayburnett | Apr 17, 2018 |
I really enjoyed reading this chapter book because it teaches children that they can overcome an obstacle no matter how hard something is. This chapter book is about a girl who is not scared of anything until It is time to audition for the school play that they have each year. Lola is a very athletic girl who loves to play soccer and is not used to the stage like setting, for example, a school play. Comes to find out, she has really bad stage fright. Which, I can relate too as a soccer player. I love playing soccer in front of a lot of people but when It comes to acting, not so much. After Lola auditioned in front of her classmates, she was assigned a non speaking part. As the play began, she realized that she is actually pretty good at acting, better than she thought anyway. When the play begins Lola is forced to improv and she realized that she is very good at that. I think this book can help younger girls because It will help them to realize that just because they are not "good" at something doesn't mean they shouldn't try. This is a chapter book, but it is an easy read and short but it would also assist them with the students comprehension skills. I think this book would be found in maybe a fourth or fifth grade classroom. ( )
  Megan_Morant | Feb 9, 2018 |
I enjoyed this chapter book because it teaches children that they can overcome an obstacle if they try hard enough. This story is about a girl who is not scared of anything until the school play rolls around. Lola is very athletic and loves to play soccer. It turns out that she has a severe case of stage fright. She gets assigned a non speaking part in the play after her audition in front of all of her classmates. When the play begins Lola is forced to improv and she realized that she is very good at that. I enjoyed this book because I can relate to stage fright and this will help other children to over come their fear. This is a chapter book, but it is an easy read and relatively short. I think that girls in elementary school would enjoy this book, but it would also assist them with their comprehension skills. ( )
  Kaitlin_villoutreix | Nov 14, 2017 |
This is a book that i think kids from upper elementary would really enjoy. It is about a very athletic girl who is up to do anything and is very brave. Lola is not scared to do anything, except for the school play. Readers will find out how she overcomes her stage fright, and the people along the way that encourage her. It teaches readers that you can overcome anything if you put your mind to it. ( )
  lori2114 | Nov 4, 2017 |

Seven-year-old Lola Levine is fierce on and off the soccer field. She can do a slide tackle (although she's not supposed to) and even likes gooey worms. Nothing scares Lola! That is, until she's auditioning in front of EVERYONE for her class play. After Lola is overcome with stage fright, she's cast as Squirrel #2, a non-speaking part!

Lola is more than a little disappointed, and she looks to her bubbe for advice and comfort. But on opening night, the curtain rises and she finds herself smack in the middle of an exasperating turn of events.

In this fun and heartfelt chapter book, can Lola give Squirrel #2 her own special stamp and make it a play to remember?

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 02 Jul 2016 00:51:36 -0400)

"Lola Levine is given a non-speaking part after getting stage fright during her class play audition. She saves the play after a couple of obstacles with the help of her grandmother"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,263,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible