Hillary's America: The Secret History of the…

Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party (2016)

by Dinesh D'Souza

492238,224 (4)None

I'm actually astonished by this book, not so much by the content as I have heard a lot of the allegations about the Clintons before, but by the fact that the author claims to be a Christian. He has also written several Christian apologetics books, What's so great about Christianity and others that are highly rated in Christian circles although I haven't read them myself. My question after reading Hillary's America and researching this author is "What on earth was he thinking?"

This book is basically an attack on the Democratic party of the United States. The author goes into great detail about the history of the party since its conception, he traces its roots and attributes every poor decision and every political scandal to members of the party. The Republicans, on the other hand, are not responsible for any of it and are always somehow influenced or manipulated by the Democrats. Whilst I found some of this history interesting, the statements are very repetitive and there seems to be hardly any corroboration. I found myself doubting much of what the author states. This probably wouldn't surprise the author who claims that all of the Democratic scandals and blunders throughout history have been covered up by the party/state/government or whoever happens to be conveniently on hand....

Moving on to Obama and the Clintons. The author has basically rehashed all of the scandals that have already been discussed at length in the media. He doesn't present new evidence and fails to see both sides. I am personally not a fan of Obama or either of the Clintons and believe that logically a person that is the subject of so many scandals must be engaged in some type of illegal activity--the police/officials aren't knocking on my door every five minutes with a new allegation that needs to be addressed. However, I'm not running for President and any candidate is likely to face their fair share of allegations. I guess my point is that Hillary Clinton has definitely had more than her fair share so some of it is likely to be true. But, unfortunately this author makes any serious investigation into the Clintons conduct seem like a witch-hunt and he makes all of the allegations appear to be conspiracy theories by publishing such a one-sided book and by making a film about it. It is obvious that the Clinton supporters will hate the book and film and those who don't like them will love it, but what about the political neutrals or those who would like to know the truth?

I am seriously disappointed with this book and the author. He claims to be a Christian yet there is no mention of God anywhere in this book, it is entirely political and a bit of a rant. In my view Christians can and should be involved in politics in an attempt to ensure Christian values are represented and reflected in the midst of our secular culture. However, what benefit is it for a Christian author to write a book like this failing to mention the God who should be the central focus of his life, if he is truly a Christian. Additionally, I was horrified to see that the author had used quotations including both strong blasphemy with no editing and strong profanity. In the profanity he has deleted the vowels as if that somehow makes it okay. He also repeats some sexual remarks and sordid details in relation to the Clintons and then apologises if he has shocked readers due to the vulgar language....why would a Christian author do that?

On researching the author I discovered that his personal life was the subject of a scandal a few years ago. I'm not going to repeat it here as I don't see that it would serve much purpose. However, the Bible does tell us that we will know fellow Christians by the fruit of their lives. I hope the author is repentant if indeed the allegations are true.

It is really so sad that an author that has written books defending Christianity would go on to write books like this presumably for financial gain and notoriety. I won't be reading any of the authors books in future. I hope that one day he will remember that he will have to stand before God and account for his life on earth. Maybe then he will realise that careless words and allegations that have received such a large audience should have been first addressed privately according to the Bible. ( )
  sparkleandchico | Jun 2, 2017 |
FTC NOTICE: Library Book

REVIEW: This book changes you. It makes you wish that you could unlearn what you have read. It hardens you and breaks your heart all at once, leaving you feeling betrayed and enlightened all at once. You are left feeling helpless while simultaneously being motivated and invigorated to do something. It is time for a change; and, Dinesh D’Souza’s “ Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party” provides the “Hillary” education and calls to action for his readers.

ABOUT HILLARY: “This woman has been in public life for decades, and yet she has accomplished nothing” (1). Everyone who has followed her career knows that Hillary is dishonest to the core” (2). “Yet when is the last time a major political party nominated someone who has been investigated for corruption so many times, and with an ongoing FBI inquiry?” (5). They’ve been doing it under different circumstances all along, and most of America was marketed to, and brainwashed, into thinking just the opposite of the Democratic party.

“Democrats—the mantra goes—are the party of the common man, the ordinary person. For two hundred years, Democrats have been looking out for the little guy, including historically marginalized groups like women, blacks, Hispanics, and other minorities. Where would these people be without the Democratic Party to protect them and secure their basic rights? Democrats are the party of equal rights, civil rights, and human dignity” (7). At least, that is what they want Americans to think. D’Souza masterfully details the history of the Democratic Party, their games, their marketing narrative, plus their schemes, thievery, and plan of national enslavement leading to all-out slavery. The Democrats are nothing that they say they represent and everything that all Americans should fear.

The Clintons have become the modern-era representation of the Democrats, utilizing the Alinsky model, but by changing government from within…and using many “useful idiots” to help them every step of the way. “Alinsky realized he could recruit allies and direct their hatred to the corporations by appealing to motives such as envy, resentment, and hatred, but all packaged in the rhetoric of equality and justice. He had no illusion that any of this was related to actual justice” (183). “For Alinsky, justice is a province of morality, and morality is a scam. Morality is the cloak of power. Activists appeal to the language of morality but recognize that it is a mere disguise” (183).

Everyone in the United States of America needs to read this book. It serves as an educational tool, a wake-up alarm, and a call to action. The Democratic party’s long-term sociopathic behavior must be brought to a halt. Their trended pattern of trying to stop upward mobility and creating modern day plantations in the inner cities must be reversed while simultaneously convincing the many good Americans who came to believe the opposite of what is right for our country’s future. It is with the aforementioned in mind, and so much more contained in Dinesh D’Souza’s book that “ Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party” easily earns its five-star rating. ( )
  StreedsReads | Mar 7, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,938,265 books! | Top bar: Always visible