Bullet in the Blue Sky by Bill Larkin

Bullet in the Blue Sky

by Bill Larkin

841,441,458 (4)None

The action starts immediately. L.A. has been hit with the BIG one, or the big 8.8 which has never been felt before in such an urban environment. Chaos abounds while all first responders leap into action. But a choice few are set aside not to aid and control the massive violence, but sent on a “Saving Private Ryan” type of adventure to find and retrieve just one man. Why? What possible use could one man be during such a huge fluster-cluck of damage and disarray? And why does it seem there are other similar missions to achieve the same rescue? The abrupt level of death and destruction ramps up over 3 days of relentless search and defensive maneuvers that will have your head spinning to the very conclusion of this surprisingly unexpected jolt of events.
An advanced copy of this book was provided for an honest review. ( )
  catscritch | Sep 9, 2016 |
I love the cover for Bullet in the Blue Sky and when I read about an 8.8 earthquake hitting Los Angeles and chaos reigns, I had to have it.

Terrorism, dystopia and a mystery wrapped in a conspiracy had me traveling with Schmitty and his gang searching for one man…Shaw. Why? What is so important that they will dodge gangs and thugs as they traverse an alien landscape on their mission.

There is danger at every turn, roads blocked, bridges down, fallen buildings and fires. How many will survive?

With guns blazing…They fight, plot, plan and wonder what is really going on and who’s behind it. They strive to stop total destruction, leaving some of their fallen comrades behind.

Bullet in the Blue Sky had me thinking…could…when will this happen. That was the scariest thing of all. It could be a terrorist attack or just nature letting itself be heard. Would Los Angeles become the Wild West again?

I believe in conspiracies and put nothing past people in their quest for money and power.

I received an ARC of Bullet in the Blue Sky from Bill Larkin in return for an honest review.

To see more visit fundinmental ( )
  sherry69 | Sep 8, 2016 |
This is a good and well-written story. The good pace and excellent character development prevent the post-earthquake situation from sucking the book into a depressing morass, without trivializing the situation. This provides excellent food for thought wrt people and technical aspects, without losing any momentum.
I received this as a LibraryThing Member GiveAway - thank you. ( )
  BridgitDavis | Jul 29, 2016 |
An excellent thriller with a very good plot. Very well researched locations with non-stop action. The characters wee well developed and very likeable. The ending was very well done. The book provided a great reading experience and I highly recommend it for all readers. ( )
  jimphillips8 | Jul 17, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Bill Larkin's book Bullet in the Blue Sky was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Bill Larkin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,165,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible