The Trap by Tabitha King

The Trap

by Tabitha King

from BookCrossing: "I had seen them before. The Wild Release alerts for Alexandria. Within blocks of where I worked. But they were always released at a time when I was not able to go hunting.

Until last Friday.

I like to call them Five-Hour Fridays. Summer Hours at the Colorectal Cancer Coalition allow employees to leave early on Fridays; a wonderful perk!

So last Friday I was heading down Duke Street heading to 495 and there it was. Sitting on a bench. I admit, I was hunting, even without an alert. I knew full-well an active BookCrosser was in the area and I was hoping to stumble across his activity spontaneously. And I did! The yellow sticky on the front cover was all the proof I needed from a distance that my prey had been spotted!

I had to drive around the (very long) black because I couldn't pull over in time. But I succeeded!

I will read the book and release it later."

There's no denying Tabitha has talent. Her descriptions are very vivid and almost tactile. But this book didn't thrill me. I did not feel any reason why I should like the heroine. The husband ended up redeeming himself (not really a spoiler), but my real favorite was the next-door neighbor!

The title actually turned out to have several layers to it. The one that spoke to me the most was how our children are used to trap us. I would do anything someone wanted me to do if they threatened my child and I believed they would do it. Logically, I know that there is nothing to stopping a sicko from doing whatever he threatened anyway once I complied. A real trap.

And I did release the book at Wegmans in Fairfax. ( )
  weebaby | Jul 2, 2009 |
The Trap aka Wolves at the Door

A winter retreat in an isolated Maine cabin with her young son brings Livia face to face with brutality and violence in the persons of three young hoodlums, against whose harassments she must use all her strength and cunning.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,054,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible