Plate tectonics: The engine inside the Earth…

Plate tectonics: The engine inside the Earth (In Depth Science) (Volume 3) (edition 2016)

by Judith Hubbard (Author)

621,864,577 (4)None
Member:MatronMurphy
Title:Plate tectonics: The engine inside the Earth (In Depth Science) (Volume 3)
Authors:Judith Hubbard (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2016), Edition: 1 (black and white), 78 pages

Plate Tectonics: The engine inside the Earth (In Depth Science Book 3) by Judith Hubbard

No tags.

This is an awesome e-book that I chose to use with my 6th and 8th graders for one of our group science texts. It was pretty fun and engaging, with plenty of photos and diagrams throughout. I like using children's books when learning something new, even as an adult, because things are presented in terms that will make sense. This is no exception. The self-checking quiz at the end gave plenty of talking points for concluding discussions as we were wrapping up the subject. Of course, the hands-on activities were all doable with items from the household, which is always nice. ( )
  MatronMurphy | Dec 6, 2016 |
The earth rotates on its axis giving us day and night. In this book, author Hubbard discuss how the earth itself is made of many moving parts called tectonic plates that are also constantly moving. There are 12 essay questions, an activity section, and glossary. This is the third book in the In Depth Science Book series. ( )
  bemislibrary | Aug 7, 2016 |

Judith Hubbard is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,358,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible