Sandpiper Cove: A Hope Harbor Novel by Irene…

Sandpiper Cove: A Hope Harbor Novel

by Irene Hannon

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Lexie Grahan, the Hope Harbor police chief leads a very busy life with her job and family. There is a bit of mystery about her though as she is a young widow who doesn't seem interested in pursuing a social life. She seems very content with her life as it is. That is until a certain X-Con grabs her attention with his acts of kindness towards the town folks.
Adam Stone has been living in a rustic cabin near town for about 18 months. The town's people refer to him as "the biker" due to his appearance and his quiet, seemingly antisocial manner. Until Chief Graham requested his help with a case she was working on.
This is a wonderful romance with a bit of mystery. It is a well written "feel good" sort of read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. ( )
  bettysunflower | May 20, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The book is Christian/fiction, but it is story of second chance and changing ones life

I have never read this author before but found I really enjoyed her writing. She made you
feel as if you was right there. The small town of Hope Harbor could be any small town where
everyone know each.

Loved the main characters. Adam Stone is a ex con looking to change his life around and a
second chance. Lexie is the towns chief of police who is working hard to support her young
son and covering up a dark sad part in her life. She feels that God has no part in her life and
has turned his back on her. Adam has changed his life and made God his refuge and help.

The story shows how these two have come together and help to make a difference in each
others lives. Also shows how we should not judge others by their looks but by what is inside
them.

Would recommend this book to others. Look forward to reading more by Irene Hannon ( )
  georgiapeach47 | May 12, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Adam Stone, Lexie Graham, Brenda and Brian Hutton all share something in common - they are broken, trapped in the regrets of their past and the circumstances of their present. They all need grace and a fresh start and the town of Hope Harbor may be the place that provides that for each of them. Sandpiper Cove is the story of second chances for ex-felon Adam Stone, guilt-ridden police chief Lexie Graham who feels the weight of her husband's death as her personal responsibility, Brenda Hutton who let a controlling and abusive husband ruin her relationship with her son, and Brian Hutton, whose desire to make friends in a new town leads him down the wrong path. Irene Hannon carefully interweaves the story of these four lives without making the connections seem contrived, but rather a natural evolution of the story of Hope Harbor. Fans of Irene Hannon will love this book, and those who have never read her before (like me) will become fans. ( )
  SherylHendrix | Apr 29, 2017 |
The Hope Harbor series is a great read and this new book in the series is no exception. I like seeing how Lexie and Adam work together even though their worlds seem very different. Lexie had a lot going on and soon learns to depend on the help of Adam to help out someone headed down the wrong path. I enjoyed seeing how the characters planned things out and learned to trust in each other.
I received a copy of the book from the publisher, the review is my own. ( )
  polarmath | Apr 24, 2017 |
Reading Sandpiper Cove was like taking a wonderful trip back to Hope Harbor and seeing old friends. This is the third book in the series Hope Harbor series by Irene Hannon but if you haven’t read the first, it’s okay. You’ll still feel right at home.

Lexie, the police chief, and Adam, the ex-con, are dealing with different issues that they need to work through. The author does a great job of developing these characters in such a believable way so that you care about them and about this seaside village on the Oregon Coast. Someone is vandalizing and stealing from properties in the area, and Lexie engages to Adam to use his past experience to get involved. Will they be able to find the culprits?

There’s a spiritual aspect in this story that is very natural. The book is not preachy; the faith content is subtle and shows up more in how they live their lives than in the words that are said.

Another thing I really enjoyed: characters from earlier books are here…there’s Charley and his taco truck, Luis, BJ…and the friendly banter between the Catholic priest and the Protestant priest.
I enjoyed my trip back to Hope Harbor. According to Irene Hannon’s website, we can look forward to two more trips in the future. Count me in!

I received a free book from Revell Publishing (a division of Baker Publishing Group) in exchange for an unbiased review. ( )
  PDianeB | Apr 23, 2017 |

Hope Harbor police chief Lexie Graham has plenty on her plate raising her son alone and dealing with a sudden rash of petty theft and vandalism in her coastal Oregon hometown. As a result, she has zero time for extracurricular activities--including romance. Ex-con Adam Stone isn't looking for love either--but how ironic is it that the first woman to catch his eye is a police chief? Yet wishing for things that can never be is foolish.

Nevertheless, when Lexie enlists Adam's help to keep a young man from falling into a life of crime, sparks begin to fly. And as they work together, it soon becomes apparent that God may have a different--and better--future planned for them than either could imagine.

Lauded by Library Journal as "a master at character development," Irene Hannon welcomes readers back to this charming Oregon seaside village where hearts heal--and love blooms.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 06 Sep 2016 10:53:04 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Irene Hannon's book Sandpiper Cove is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,404,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible