Sandpiper Cove: A Hope Harbor Novel by Irene…

Sandpiper Cove: A Hope Harbor Novel

by Irene Hannon

Reading Sandpiper Cove was like taking a wonderful trip back to Hope Harbor and seeing old friends. This is the third book in the series Hope Harbor series by Irene Hannon but if you haven’t read the first, it’s okay. You’ll still feel right at home.

Lexie, the police chief, and Adam, the ex-con, are dealing with different issues that they need to work through. The author does a great job of developing these characters in such a believable way so that you care about them and about this seaside village on the Oregon Coast. Someone is vandalizing and stealing from properties in the area, and Lexie engages to Adam to use his past experience to get involved. Will they be able to find the culprits?

There’s a spiritual aspect in this story that is very natural. The book is not preachy; the faith content is subtle and shows up more in how they live their lives than in the words that are said.

Another thing I really enjoyed: characters from earlier books are here…there’s Charley and his taco truck, Luis, BJ…and the friendly banter between the Catholic priest and the Protestant priest.
I enjoyed my trip back to Hope Harbor. According to Irene Hannon’s website, we can look forward to two more trips in the future. Count me in!

I received a free book from Revell Publishing (a division of Baker Publishing Group) in exchange for an unbiased review. ( )
  PDianeB | Apr 23, 2017 |
Quite chancy, the premise behind Sandpiper Cove by Irene Hannon. Small town Police Chief Lexie Graham gradually falls for a man with a prisoner's past. What will happen to her reputation? In addition, she trusts this same man, Adam Stone, to mentor a teenager who is headed for trouble. How can this NOT end in disaster?

This is the first Irene Hannon book I have read that is not romantic suspense. Hannon excels in this category as well. I was surprised to see that this is book three in Hope Harbor series. Sandpiper Cove stands alone well.

I love the people of Sandpiper Cove. From Lexie and Adam, who take turns doubting the wisdom of a relationship like theirs; to Taco Charlie; the "feuding" pastor and priest; and Matt and Annette. While most townspeople are sweet and caring, some carry huge burdens they struggle to move beyond, and others just cause those around them to struggle.

Fortunately for us readers, Hannon draws her subjects with enough flaws or conflicts with others that we are quickly caught up in their struggles. The resolutions seem realistic and plausible in real life. The faith component makes the book shine as the message is deftly woven into its fabric. I was thrilled to read that Ms. Hannon will be returning with us for more of Hope Harbor in the future!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to leave a positive review, and all opinions are solely my own. ( )
  Becky_L | Apr 23, 2017 |
As always this book did not disappoint. I laughed and cried while reading this wonderful romance, I wish at times that I lived in a town like Hope Harbor. The characters are all wonderful. I wonder sometimes if Charley isn't some kind of angel. Adam and Lexie and Brian and Brenda learn many lessons. I look forward to many more stories based here in Hope Harbor. I received this book from Revell for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | Apr 23, 2017 |
A return trip to Hope Harbor, Oregon? Sign me up! Irene Hannon’s contemporary romance series set in a small coastal town has everything I like — relatable characters, beautiful setting, and stories filled with heart and hope. In book 3 of the series, Sandpiper Cove, an unlikely couple discovers that you really can have a second chance.

Old friends and new are part of Sandpiper Cove. The novel focuses on police chief, Lexie, and ex-con Adam. A unique couple to be sure and more than an opposites attract story line. Hannon handles the obstacles that face this couple realistically. The emphasis is on second chances in life and love, and more than one character learns that God can indeed make things new. I loved the community aspect of this novel, with most willing to look at present actions rather than past mistakes. I also really liked that the main characters focus was not just on themselves, but on others that need a helping hand. For fans of this genre, the romance is sweet, with a big dose of sizzle.

Hope Harbor is a place I would love to visit, and I am pleased that I’ll be able to do just that in future books. A bit of a mystery for the next book is hinted at, and of course I just have to know what Charlie the taco man is up to. I have a few theories about this angelic minor character.

Easily read as a standalone, you really do need to start at the beginning of this series — it is just too good to miss.

Recommended.

Audience: adults.

(Thanks to Revell for a complimentary copy. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | Apr 20, 2017 |
Title: Sandpiper Cove (A Hope Harbor Novel)
Author: Irene Hannon
Pages: 352
Year: 2017
Publisher: Revell
My rating 5 out of 5 stars.
Irene Hannon writes many different types of stories from mystery, suspense to ones with a more romantic focus. The Hope Harbor series is of the more romantic type with some of the same characters we met in Hope Harbor, Sea Rose Lane and her newest, Sandpiper Cove. Each book I so enjoyed as I could imagine the scenes painted in the novel via words, and some of the unique people who live in this fictitious town. In her newest story, we meet a man who has come to the harbor hoping to start fresh after his prison experience. While in prison, the town pastor visited Adam Stone and showed him God’s unconditional love for him.
One of the town residents employs him, but the one thing Adam finds ministers to him is an injured dog called Charley, and making various things with wood. Now he has been the victim of vandals and in one case the dog was hurt as well. When Lexi, the Chief of Police, shows up to question Adam about the occurrences, Adam tenses. He doesn’t find trusting anyone an easy job though he loves serving the community and at his local congregation.
Lexi is a local resident who has returned after being overseas for a time and is now Chief of Police. She is a single mom to Max who is the joy of her heart. During her work hours, Lexi’s mother cares for Max and enjoys taking care of her daughter as well. When she notices that Adam is interested in her, Lexi isn’t sure if she is willing to open her heart again to love for fear of being hurt; yet, she is tired of being lonely.
Hope Harbor is a heart-touching series, filled with love and faith as well as characters that in some way we can relate to. My favorite of the series thus far is Charlie who is a sage, painter, runs a fish taco stand and yet seems to know what words of encouragement of advice people need to hear. I hope the author plans on writing a story that sheds more light into this character. If you read the books, you’ll see why he is such an interesting male figure in the books.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Apr 19, 2017 |

Hope Harbor police chief Lexie Graham has plenty on her plate raising her son alone and dealing with a sudden rash of petty theft and vandalism in her coastal Oregon hometown. As a result, she has zero time for extracurricular activities--including romance. Ex-con Adam Stone isn't looking for love either--but how ironic is it that the first woman to catch his eye is a police chief? Yet wishing for things that can never be is foolish.

Nevertheless, when Lexie enlists Adam's help to keep a young man from falling into a life of crime, sparks begin to fly. And as they work together, it soon becomes apparent that God may have a different--and better--future planned for them than either could imagine.

Lauded by Library Journal as "a master at character development," Irene Hannon welcomes readers back to this charming Oregon seaside village where hearts heal--and love blooms.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 06 Sep 2016 10:53:04 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Sandpiper Cove by Irene Hannon was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,789,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible