Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

People of the Wolf by Kathleen O'Neal Gear

English (14)  Spanish (1)  All languages (15)
I really tried to get into this, but couldn't. Too much jumping around and too may "dream sequences". I prefer a storyline that's more straight forward. This is one of those "so many books, so little time" things. Onward to something else. ( )
  Thebrownbookloft | Jun 29, 2018 |
I tried. I was reading "200 Years of Dover-Foxcroft History" by Louis Stevens. I will finish that book. Could not finish this one. It was too boring/painful to read. I was also reading Sunshine by Robin McKinley, and had the same opinion. Maybe reading three books at one time is just something I do not have the skill to do. 830 members; 3.53 average rating; 10/5/2017 ( )
  mainrun | Nov 20, 2017 |
Mostly I liked this story. It brings back a lot of my anthropology lessons from school. Classic historical american history here. What bothered me was some of the formatting of the book. There was a lot of time skips which made it flow jarringly for me instead of smoothly. I also couldn't invest in the characters as much as I wanted to because they were a little too 2-dimensional. But I have hope that the following books will show some improvement in these areas. And there are MANY more books after this one. ;) If you love historical fiction, this could be a good read for you. ( )
  Kassilem | Aug 31, 2016 |
This book is a fantastic story about the first humans who came from Asia to America and how they have to struggle for survival from other tribes, the climate change and feuds in their own tribe. One man to guide his tribe to a better place and will he succeed? ( )
  Filip.Nielsen | Jan 5, 2015 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  JosieRivers | Dec 28, 2014 |

Kathleen O'Neal Gearprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gear, W. Michaelmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To
Richard S. Wheeler,
who helped make the dream come true.
Introduction
The pickup bucked and heaved as it bounced over the scraggy greasewood.
Prologue
Fire crackled in a sheltered crevice, sparks whirling upward
Chapter 1
The Long Dark continued, unending, eating their souls.
"We are the People ..."

WOLF DREAMER

In the Dreaming, he and Wolf walked side by side. Hunger did not stalk his limbs or make his head light. He walked strong, Wolf at his heels.
"There!" Wolf indicated with his nose. "You see? There to the south?" The Big Ice sparkled before  them, a forbidding wall of cold and blue ice under mountains of snow. As they needed the wall, a wide braided river spilled out of a crack in the ice.
"This is the way, man of the People." the beast's voice echoed in the walls. "I will you you the way to salvation .... "

Moved by the promise of this awesome vision, a lone, courageous dreamer led his people on an epic journey to discover a lush, unspoiled continent for themselves. and their descendants. This is  true story of those first Americans. This is the monumental saga of the
    PEOPLE OF THE WOLF

Driven by the power of a dream, a handful of men and women fought to forge a path to a new land of promise and plenty.

Runs In Light - The young hunter who sacrificed love and power to follow a mystical vision, and came to be called the Wolf Dreamer.

Dancing Fox - The courageous young woman who endured humiliation at the hands of an aged shaman and an arrogant warrior to follow the Wolf Dreamer and lead her people to an awesome destiny.

Raven Hunter -  Dark twin to Wolf Dreamer, who defied his vision and led the People on a path of bloodshed and vengeance.

Heron - The fiercely independent medicine woman who took the Wolf Dreamer as her disciple, and taught him the secrets of her own awesome powers.

Ice Fire -  War Chief of the Mammoth Clan, ancient enemy of the People, whose long-buired secret would forever alter the destiny of the Wolf Dreamer and his people.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0812521331, Mass Market Paperback)

In the dawn of history, a valiant people forged a pathway from an old world into a new one. Led by a dreamer who followed the spirit of the wolf, a handful of courageous men and women dared to cross the frozen wastes to find an untouched, unspoiled continent. This is the magnificent saga of the vision-filled man who led his people to an awesome destiny, and the courageous woman whose love and bravery drove them on in pursuit of that dream.

A sweeping epic of prehistory, People of the Wolf brings the true story of the ancestors of today's Native American peoples to life in an unforgettable saga of hardship and determination, conflict and passion.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:00 -0400)

Following a vision of a wolf, a valiant dreamer leads a band of prehistoric people across the Bering Strait to settle in an unspoiled and unpopulated American continent.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,494,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible