The Princess and the Moon by Daisaku Ikeda

The Princess and the Moon

by Daisaku Ikeda

131723,089 (5)None

This story was nothing like I imagined it would be but I really like it. The young girl in the story seems to have a few behavioral issues and isn't very nice to other kids. She learns through her visit to the moon to learn to treat others nicely. Her story teaches that a smile goes a long way. I think this is especially good for a student who seems to be grumpy. Students learn that their attitudes towards different situations may affect how they are perceived. Learning to treat others how they would want to be treated is always a powerful lesson to me. I love how the young girl is shown how much better she is by a sparkly rabbit.
The illustrations are equally beautiful. The colors are vibrant enough to hold a young child's attention. I am not sure of the material used to make the illustrations, however it looks like watercolor and possibly oil paints. ( )
  TamaraSmith | Jan 31, 2013 |

Sophie, a bad-tempered and unhappy child, changes her view of the world when the Great Moon Rabbit carries her to the moon, where she learns to look for the good in people and thereby feel happier herself.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:30 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,559,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible