Slammer by Tabatha Vargo

Slammer

by Tabatha Vargo

Christopher, otherwise known as X, has been sentenced to prison for two murders. Prison quickly changed him and he has lost the boy he was and is now a force nobody wants to mess with. He exists from day to day but doesn't have a purpose. Then Lyla walks into his life.

Lyla is having some financial troubles due to student loans and is forced to take a job at a prison to make ends meet. She knows the job won't be easy but she keeps her head up and does her best to block out the barrage of comments thrown at her by inmates. Little did she know that her life would be changed forever when she is introduced to a notorious inmate named X.

Slammer was a quick read for me because once I began reading, I didn't want to stop. I read it in just a few hours but it has taken me several days to write this review because I'm still trying to gather my thoughts and figure out what I want to say. Not a day goes by that I don't think about this book. It's gotten under my skin and I just can't shake it, and I'm not sure I want to.

Lyla is a strong and independent woman who will do whatever it takes to survive or to help those that she loves. X is a complex character who appears to be tough and ruthless, but still has a spark of life that prison hasn't taken from him. When their hearts connect, Lyla looks into X's case and sees that some of the pieces aren't fitting together so she puts her own life on the line to find out. Does X deserve to be in prison for murder? Was it all a set-up? With each page it had me questioning how it would end.

This is absolutely an 18+ read only due to graphic violence, explicit sexual content, and abuse. Not for the faint of heart but Slammer will leave you speechless.

I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JaidisShaw | Apr 15, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,751,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible