Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth…

Natural Born Charmer

by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Series: The Chicago Stars (7)

Recently added bynojapo, private library, kehudak, murphyrules
    Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie (emania)
    emania: It's the same kind of feel about the relationship between the couple and both female leads are sassy and smart and independent and both male leads are sharp and the banter between them is fantastic. Also, the secondary characters in both novels are well developed and fleshed out and both novels have good underlying plots other than just to get the main characters in the sack together. Also, and probably most importantly for me, they both made me laugh so hard I cried while reading them while keeping me in touch with the characters as people.… (more)

Oh, I'm so sad that it came to an end. This book is on my top 3 of this incredible series, only losing for Nobody's Baby but Mine or Dream a Little Dream, which made me cry a lot. I was a little unsure about this one because Dean didn't make much of an impression on me in the previous book, but here I grew to be crazy about him and I loved every single second of it. Blue is on a whole other level of cuteness and badassness. She is freaking incredible. And it was amazing to see how everybody had their time in the spotlight and nobody was left behind. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
I know a lot of people didn't like Blue and Dean, but I adored them. The more times I read this story the more I fall in love with them. Riley, April and Jack were all excellent secondary characters. SEP is a natural talent. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Another great one by SEP on audio, I'm sorry to finish the last of the Chicago Stars series for I simply loved it. Dean Robillard, natural born charmer and quarterback to the Stars meets fate in the shape of a petite woman wearing a beaver costume on the side of the road. He picks her up and so begins his unusual courtship with Blue Bailey as they make their way to his farm in Nashville. Things aren't exactly what he thought they'd be like while there. He unexpectedly meets up with his estranged parents: his gorgeous 52 year old ex-groupie mother whom he wants nothing to do with and his aging rock star father, Jack Patriot. In addition there's his 11 year old stepsister who has run away from home and a mean old lady who own the town of Garrison, Tennessee where his farm resides. It's one great story and I loved it! Loads of laughs, but heartwarming parts too as only SEP can do. Great characterizations, I loved everybody, especially Dean and Nita Garrison and the late great Anna Fields was amazing as narrator! Loved, loved the way she did Nita especially! ( )
  ktleyed | Aug 15, 2013 |
ereader ebook,headless woman cover
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Chick lit but entertaining, not boring, lively chick lit than doesn't make you overdosed on the pink and fluffy. Blue is fun to watch and the reader can easily identify with the emotional journey she takes. Phillips chose to have two narrators, the girl and the boy. And I wrote girl and boy even though both characters are in their early thirty they are emotionally in their late teens. Not the next American masterpiece but good, fun chick lit that doesn't leave an aftertaste of too much sugar or purple prose. ( )
  writerlibrarian | Apr 4, 2013 |

Susan Elizabeth Phillipsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, Annamain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060734582, Mass Market Paperback)

It wasn't every day a guy saw a headless beaver marching down the side of a road, not even in Chicago Stars quarterback Dean Robillard's larger-than-life world. He slammed on the brakes of his brand-new Aston Martin Vanquish and pulled over in front of her.

The beaver marched right past, her big, flat tail bouncing in the gravel, and her small, sharp nose stuck up in the air. Way up. The beaver looked highly pissed . . .

She was definitely a girl beaver because her beaver head was missing, revealing sweaty, dark hair pulled into a scraggly ponytail. He'd been praying for a little distraction from his own depressing company, so he threw open the door and stepped out onto the shoulder of the Colorado road . . .

Funny, sexy, and touching—Natural Born Charmer is the unforgettable love story of a golden boy who might be losing his luster and a spirited woman who's learned never to depend on anyone but herself.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:33 -0400)

Taking to the road between seasons, attractive Chicago Stars quarterback Dean Robillard meets the beautiful and infuriating Blue under unusual circumstances and draws on his competitive skills to overcome her wariness of relationships.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,391,126 books! | Top bar: Always visible