Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman

Soon I Will Be Invincible

by Austin Grossman

English (85)  French (1)  All languages (86)
It was hard for me to rate this book. It's written in choppy little bits, but does well for itself. The real thing is that it made me sad. The writing provokes an emotional response, and it's surprising to me that I like the book, because the response wasn't excitement or a thrill or intrigue, but melancholy and sadness. This is a very well-written book.

As usual, I didn't care for the swearing. I wish he'd developed some of the characters further, or made room for a sequel. This is an author to keep an eye on.

Alicia, thanks for loaning me the book. ( )
  Tom_Wright | Jun 26, 2014 |
Often clever, but lacks both ambition and heart. ( )
  ellen.w | Jun 1, 2014 |
could not finish
  micanopyan | Mar 29, 2014 |
Its good to see a book do something different for a change.For example seeing the world through eyes of a villain.Giving us insight as to why they do what they do. ( )
  jonathan21 | Mar 11, 2014 |

Austin Grossmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boehmer, J. PaulNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marlo, ColeenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my parents, Allen and Judith Grossman
This morning on planet Earth, there are one thousand, six hundred, and eighty-six enhanced, gifted, or otherwise-superpowered persons.

Doctor Impossible—evil genius, would-be world conqueror—languishes in prison. Shuffling through the cafeteria line with ordinary criminals, he wonders if the smartest man in the world has done the smartest thing he could with his life. After all, he's lost every battle he's ever fought. But this prison won't hold him forever.

Fatale—half woman, half high-tech warrior—used to be an unemployed cyborg. Now, she's a rookie member of the world's most famous super-team, the Champions. But being a superhero is not all flying cars and planets in peril—she learns that in the locker rooms and dive bars of superherodom, the men and women (even mutants) behind the masks are as human as anyone.

Soon I Will Be Invincible is a wildly entertaining first novel, brimming with attitude and humor—an emotionally resonant look at good and evil, love and loss, power and glory.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:57 -0400)

"Doctor Impossible - evil genius, diabolical scientist, wannabe world dominator - languishes in a federal detention facility. He's lost his freedom, his girlfriend, and his hidden island fortress." "Over the years he's tried to take over the world in every way imaginable: doomsday devices of all varieties (nuclear, thermonuclear, nanotechnological) and mass mind-control. He's traveled backward in time to change history, forward in time to escape it. He's commanded robot armies, insect armies, and dinosaur armies. Fungus army. Army of fish. Of rodents. Alien invasions. All failures. But not this time. This time it's going to be different." "Fatale is a rookie superhero on her first day with the Champions, the world's most famous superteam. She's a patchwork woman of skin and chrome, a gleaming technological marvel built to be the next generation of warfare. Filling the void left by a slain former member, Fatale joins a team struggling with a damaged past, having to come together in the face of unthinkable evil."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,698,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible