Biology by Peter H. Raven

Biology (edition 2005)

by Peter H. Raven, Susan R. Singer (Author), George B. Johnson (Author), Jonathan B. Losos (Author)

Member:sandy64
Title:Biology
Authors:Peter H. Raven
Other authors:Susan R. Singer (Author), George B. Johnson (Author), Jonathan B. Losos (Author)
Info:McGraw-Hill (2005), Edition: Seventh, Hardcover
Collections:Your library, Dick's Office

Biology by Peter H. Raven

We didn’t use this whole book for my summer class, but I’d say we used at least half of it. I remember taking Biology in high school vaguely, only really remembering that I didn’t like it all that much. Taking it now in college I can say that I do like it, most of it at least. And this book helped play a part in that. The text is full of pictures and diagrams; I learn best visually so these helped me immensely. The text is also full of jargon but the technical names are all explained. There are a few topics in the book that I needed additional supplement readings to understand but for the most part, the authors explained ideas in an easy to get manner. I’m sure I’ll be referring back to this book for years to come. ( )
  Kassilem | Jul 24, 2013 |
Johnson, Jonathan B. Losos, Su George B.
  sandy64 | Nov 22, 2012 |
Been a while since your last biology class but want to get back into the swing of things? This is a great reintroduction to the topic for anyone whose memory has faded a bit. ( )
  johnemersonsfoot | Jun 23, 2007 |

BIOLOGY is an authoritative majors textbook with evolution as a unifying theme. In revising the text, McGraw-Hill has consulted extensively with previous users, noted experts and professors in the field. It is distinguished from other texts by its strong emphasis on natural selection and the evolutionary process that explains biodiversity.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:15 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,121,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible