Things We Lost in the Fire: Stories by…

Things We Lost in the Fire: Stories

by Mariana Enriquez

2419247,848 (4)39
    White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi (banjo123)
    Fever Dream by Samanta Schweblin (banjo123)
    banjo123: Both books made my skin crawl, in a good way. Both deal with environmental issues.

English (95)  German (1)  All (96)
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed these -- very deliciously creepy, and they sit with you for a while. She has great pacing and a very good sense of place. I'm not sure I would reread these; they're a little too disturbing for me. But I am glad I did pick this up.
  calmclam | Jun 27, 2018 |
This was a quick read. Some stories were interesting, some were not. ( )
  MHanover10 | Feb 4, 2018 |
this was great.
i probably won't read it again due to the violence and gore,
but it was very well-done.
an eerie and haunting merging of supernatural horror, governmental terror, and growing up as a woman in south america. ( )
  oelenzil | Jan 4, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book took me by surprise with the quiet way the stories crept under my skin. Each story was eerie and disturbing in its own way, and yet the collection fit together very well. Several have stuck with me since I put the book down, and I will definitely seek out more by Enriquez. ( )
  crazylilcuban | Dec 31, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This collection was very eery and disturbing like others have said before me. I really enjoyed it as a collection the first time around and have thought of it many times since. Mariana Enriquez has piqued my curiosity and I want to read more from her! ( )
  freya727 | Dec 8, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 045149511X, Hardcover)

An arresting collection of short stories, reminiscent of Shirley Jackson and Julio Cortazar, by an exciting new international talent.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 06 Sep 2016 19:07:35 -0400)

"A haunting collection of short stories all set in Argentina" --

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Mariana Enriquez's book Things We Lost in the Fire is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mariana Enriquez's book Things We Lost in the Fire was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,222,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible