Database Systems: Design, Implementation,…

Database Systems: Design, Implementation, and Management (2000)

by Peter Rob

216None83,445 (3.67)None
"Database Systems: Design, Implementation, and Management, Fourth Edition takes you clearly and effectively through the entire process of database development and implementation. The most comprehensive and detailed coverage of database basics is complemented with exercises and problems at the end of each chapter to encourage hands-on learning, and a two-chapter step-by-step running case. Because the Internet has become so firmly established as an extension of the everyday business data environment, this revised edition contains a new chapter, "Databases and the Internet," that stresses the need for solid planning and management in order to maximize the resources that the Internet provides."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

No reviews
To Anne, who remaons my best friend after thirty-eight years of marriage.

To Our son, Peter William, who turned out to be the man we hoped he would be and who proved his wisdom by making Shenna our treasured daughter-in-law.

To Sheena, who stole our hearts so many years ago.

To our grandsons Adam Lee and Alan Henri, who are growing up to be the fine human beings their parents are.

To my in-laws, Henri and Nini Fontein, whose life experiences in Europe and Southeast Asia would fill a history book, who entrust me with their daughter's future, and who are a treasured part of our lives.

To the memory of my parents Hendrik and Hermine Rob who rebuilt their lives after World War II's horrors, who did it again after a failed insurgency in Indonesia, and who finally found their promised land in these United States.

And to the memory of Heinz, who taught me daily lessons about loyalty, uncritical acceptance, and boundless understanding.

I dedicate this book to you, with love

~ Peter Rob
To my parents for my upbringing.

To my beautiful wife, Victoria, who always keeps me from falling apart during the endless hours of writing.
Thanks for being so caring and for being there for me during my most trying moments.

To Carlos Anthony, my son, who is his father's pride.

To Gabriela Victoria, my daughter and the princess of the house.

To both my children, thanks for your laughs, your sweet voices, your beautiful smiles, and your frequent hugs.
I love you, you are my divine treasure.

~ Carlos Coronel
Good decisions require good information, derived from raw facts known as data.

Database Systems: Design, Implementation, and Management, Fourth Edition takes you clearly and effectively through the entire process of database development and implementation. The most comprehensive and detailed coverage of database basics is complemented with ample exercises and problems at the end of each chapter to encourage hands-on learning, and a two-chapter step-by-step running case.  Because the Internet has become so firmly established as an extension of the everyday business data environment, this revised edition contains a new chapter, "Databases and the Internet" that stresses the need for solid planning and management in order to maximize the resources that the Internet provides.

• The most comprehensive book on the subject
  • New chapter, "Databases and the Internet," unlocks the potential of Internet-delivered databases with a large section on using ColdFusion 4.0 to create online databases.
  • Include up-to-the-minute coverage of client/server and object-oriented database systems.
  • Explores data warehousing in its own chapter.
  • An extended case study takes the reader through the implementation of an actual database to provide a context for learning marketable skills.
  • Haiku summary

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,876,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible