Opruimen, dat is de kunst! by Ursus Wehrli

Opruimen, dat is de kunst! (edition 2012)

by Ursus Wehrli, Geri Born, Daniel Spehr

Member:peter_vandenbrande
Title:Opruimen, dat is de kunst!
Authors:Ursus Wehrli
Other authors:Geri Born, Daniel Spehr
Info:Amsterdam De Harmonie 2012
Rating:*****

Tidying Up Art by Urs Wehrli

Last year I read The Art of Clean Up - Life Made Neat and Tidy by Ursus Wehrli, and this is his earlier offering, Tidying Up Art.

Again we see Wehrli breaking down (in this case an image or famous artwork) and re-organising it so that it's neat and tidy.

Many of the artworks chosen were examples of modern art, abstract art and cubism and while these were entertaining, to be honest, I would have preferred some more selections over a wider selection of styles. Nevertheless, Tidying Up Art did make me smile and ponder his work for some time, although it didn't make me laugh out loud the way The Art of Clean Up did.

Having enjoyed this series so much, and admiring Wehrli's technique, I've since discovered that there's a term for what he does and it's called knoll or knolling.

Knolling is the process of arranging like objects in parallel or 90 degree angles as a method of organisation.

In fact, you can see this 'method' of organisation everywhere as soon as you start to look. Have you heard of knolling? I love it! ( )
  Carpe_Librum | Sep 8, 2014 |

"Tidying Up Art is an attempt at bringing a bit of clarity into our lives just where it makes no sense at all! Ursus Wehrli, a popular stand-up comedian, rearranges famous works of art, sweeps all unwanted things out of the way and lines everything up in neat rows: after all, being tidy is a virtue."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,173 books! | Top bar: Always visible