All Together Dead (Southern Vampire…

All Together Dead (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Bk. 7) (edition 2007)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:kperry
Title:All Together Dead (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Bk. 7)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Hardcover (2007), Hardcover

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

English (171)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All (173)
I've been reading this series out of order as I find a copy here and there. They aren't the best or worst in books, just a decent average. This was one of the better ones, as it was not as bloody and gore filled as so many are. Sookie Stackhouse, telepath, is hired by the Louisiana vampire queen to assist at a vampire conference up north in Rhodes, Illinois. Sookie is responsible for alerting the queen as to th honesty of the humans. This is especially important as the queen is going to be on trial for the murder of her husband, the king of Arkansas. The hotel where the conference is held is a vampire owned property. Quinn, the weretiger and Sookie's current boyfriend, is also attending as he is in charge of the physical setup of said conference. Intrigue abounds, as Sookie and Barry Bellboy, another telepath, know something dangerous is afoot, but aren't sure what as they can't normally read vampire minds. In typical style, utter mayhem eventually ensues. At least the books are better than the TV show spinoff. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Mar 31, 2017 |
Sookie participates in a vampire summit and is instrumental in assisting her vampire friends in avoiding plots against them and averting some deaths when tragedy strikes. Also, Barry the bellboy shows up again, which is fun.

I like how the intrigue is deeper and Sookie grows as a character throughout the series. I also like that although this is ostensibly a paranormal 'romance' series, Sookie doesn't just stay with one guy. She gets to explore the possibility of other relationships and how they might be better for her, instead of just blindly accepting that Bill is the 'love of her life'.
  EmScape | Sep 12, 2016 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  Lunapilot | Jul 19, 2016 |
Another enjoyable Sookie Stackhouse book. It's been interesting how she has progressed and how I recognize names from the show True Blood but they are so different in the books. This one I don't think could stand on its own. I think you would have to read the earlier ones to understand what is going on. Still love the narrator of the audio books. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
This was great. Have now read all of her Sookie Stackhouse novels to date. I liked each subsequent book more and more. Harris is an extremely entertaining author, and I am looking forward to more Sookie novels, and will read her other series' as well. ( )
  BethMcV69 | Jun 17, 2016 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to a few of the women I'm proud to call "friend": Jodi Dabson Bollendorf, Kate Buker, Toni Kelner, Dana Cameron, Joan Hess, Eve Sandstrom, Paula Woldan, and Betty Epley. All of you have meant something different to me, and I feel grateful to know you.
Jodi Dabson Bollendorf
Kate Buker
Toni L. P. Kelner
Dana Cameron
The Shreveport vampire bar would be opening late tonight.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441015816, Mass Market Paperback)

Betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse must now not only deal with a possible new man in her life—the oh-so-handsome shapeshifter Quinn—but also contend with a long-planned vampire summit. With her power base weakened by hurricane damage to New Orleans, the local vampire queen is vulnerable to those hungry for a takeover. Soon, Sookie must decide what side she'll stand with. And her choice may mean the difference between survival and all-out catastrophe.

And with HBO's launching of an all-new show, True Blood, based on the Southern Vampire novels, the demand for Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse is bigger than ever.

Watch a QuickTime trailer for the HBO original series True Blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:19 -0400)

Betrayed by her longtime vampire lover, cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has her hands full dealing with every kind of undead and paranormal creature, as well as the new man in her life, the shapeshifter Quinn, and the upcoming vampire summit.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,250,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible