Journal d'un vampire - Tome 2 - Les…

Journal d'un vampire - Tome 2 - Les ténèbres (original 1991; edition 2009)

by Lisa-Jane Smith, Hachette (Sous la direction de), Isabelle Tolila (Traduction)

Member:gambina
Title:Journal d'un vampire - Tome 2 - Les ténèbres
Authors:Lisa-Jane Smith
Other authors:Hachette (Sous la direction de), Isabelle Tolila (Traduction)
Info:Hachette Roman (2009), Broché, 456 pages

The Struggle by L. J. Smith (1991)

English (27)  Italian (1)  All languages (28)
The writing in The Struggle is better than its predecessor, The Awakening - either that or I've just become more accustomed to L.J. Smith's style, but more on that later I think... I was easily drawn into the story in this novel, hungry (pun intended) to discover what had become of Elena, Stefan and Damon, as well as supporting cast, Bonnie, Meredith, and "mean girl" Caroline. I can't say that I particularly like the place they end up in The Struggle, but I'm willing to pick up the next book based on what I read (as well as Smith's slightly annoying habit of ending each story on a cliff-hanger the size of Pikes Peak.)

The Struggle is an easy read and one that is entertaining enough to read in one sitting. The build-up to the climax of the novel seemed at times interminable, with brief heart-stopping moments of drama between Elena and Damon forcing me to plod along seeking some kind of real action, any old action would do. As far as brain-candy goes, The Struggle is actually the perfect weekend/holiday read - not something that one would call particularly unforgettable, but all in all a diverting enough read. ( )
  susanbevans | Jul 1, 2014 |

That's what this was! Effing terribly written, and the shallowest characters. Stephanie Meyers definitely had to have used this for an outline for her nasty saga of Twilight! ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
This book was quite as frustrating as the one before. It's one redeeming quality was that it was short. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
Once I stopped comparing this book with the TV show (which is WAY better) and started treating this book series as a different story, I started liking it. It is mindless and relaxing read (or listen in my case). Yes, it is still cheesy but also packed with action (although quite predictable). Anyways, I enjoyed listening to this book while walking to work, running on a treadmill or washing dishes as it is entertaining but does not require too much concentration. ( )
1 vote AgneJakubauskaite | Apr 4, 2014 |
Devo dire che questa volta la storia mi ha preso un po' di più!E' stato come vedere i protagonisti del telefilm vivere un'altra storia completamente diversa...Vabbeh il finale è stato un po' troppo anticipato...però Damon è sempre Damon! ( )
  Emanuela.Booklove | Oct 6, 2013 |
To my dear friend and sister, Judy. A special thanks to Anne Smith, Peggy Bokulic, Anne Marie Smith, and Laura Penny for information about Virginia, and to Jack and Sue Check for all their local lore.
"Damon!"

The official newsletter, published monthly. Publication ended with no. 93 (March 2003).

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006102001X, Mass Market Paperback)

This is the terrifying story of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them: Damon: determined to make Elena his queen of darkness, he'd kill his own brother to possess her.Stefan: desperate for the power to destroy Damon, he succumbs to his thirst for human blood.Elena: irresistibly drawn to both brothers, her choice will decide their fate.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:19 -0400)

Profiles two vampire brothers--Damon, who is so determined to make Elena his queen of darkness that he would kill his brother to possess her, and Stefan, who desperately seeks the power to destroy Damon.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,116,823 books! | Top bar: Always visible