Ghost (Track) by Jason Reynolds

Ghost (Track) (2016)

by Jason Reynolds

Recently added bySt.Augustine, aadkins, Oregonpoet, kkunce, Robinsonstef, butterkidsmom, private library, beth183

English (92)  German (1)  All languages (93)
Such a powerful story about race and class and one boy's complicated navigation of the two. What a great book to read with kids. ( )
  Oregonpoet | Jul 12, 2019 |
Excellent read for middle school students. I started reading it with my 3rd grader, but the altercation with Castle's dad at the beginning was too much. Now, my sixth grade son is going to read it. The main character is flawed and does a great job of explaining his thoughts as he works through problems (which he has plenty). I'm looking forward to the other books in this series. ( )
  Beth.Clarke | Jun 28, 2019 |
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It is a great book for middle schoolers, and I would say for young adults as well. After I began reading it, I could not put it down, and after I finished it I am wanting to go purchase the rest of the books in this series. It involves real-life situations that students go through these days as well as pieces of diversity. I would highly recommend this book! ( )
  miksmithhh | Jun 24, 2019 |
"Ghost is a realistic fiction book about a kid who wants to join a track team. The problem is that he has a temper and can get into trouble at school, like getting in fights. In order to stay on the track team he needs to not get in trouble in school while also doing well on the track team. Can he do it? Read Ghost by Jason Reynolds to find out. "
  dneirick | Jun 13, 2019 |
I enjoyed reading Ghost by Jason Reynolds. I gave Ghost all five stars because it gave me a view of a life that I fortunately don't have. Jason Reynolds well displays Castle's (Ghost) thoughts for different situations. I liked the way this book was written because I could see from another person's perspective and how Castle handled a situation differently than your "average" kid. Overall a non-suspenseful but a super entertaining book. ( )
  KateB.G1 | May 29, 2019 |

Ghost, a naturally talented runner and troublemaker, is recruited for an elite middle school track team. He must stay on track, literally and figuratively, to reach his full potential.

"Ghost, a naturally talented runner and troublemaker, is recruited for an elite middle school track team. He must stay on track, literally and figuratively, to reach his full potential"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,350,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible