The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey by…

The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey

by Kenneth H. Blanchard, Hal Burrows (Author), William Oncken, Jr.

Series: One Minute

English (3)  German (1)  Russian (1)  All (5)
Had some good practical advise about how to avoid letting other people pile their work up on you.

This was required reading for a leadership class. ( )
  Chris_El | Mar 19, 2015 |
One of the best written descriptions of chaotic work environments and why we are all over worked. Should be mandatory reading for all Middle School students on up. ( )
  degunny | Apr 15, 2011 |
The One Minute Manager's symbol -- a one-minute readout from the face of a modern digital watch -- is intended to remind each of us to take a minute out of our day to look into the faces of the people we manage. And to realize that they are our most important resources.
The Monkey Manager's symbol -- a harried manager overwhelmed by a deskful of problems -- is intended to remind us to constantly discipline ourselves to invest our time on the most vital aspects of management rather than dilute our effectiveness by "doing more efficiently those things that shouldn't be done in the first place."
1 vote | rajendran | Feb 23, 2009 |

Kenneth H. Blanchardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Burrows, HalAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Oncken, William, Jr.main authorall editionsconfirmed

When a person goes to the boss with a problem and the boss agrees to do something about it, the monkey is off his back and onto the boss's. How can managers avoid these leaping monkeys? Here is priceless advice from three famous experts: how managers can meet their own priorities, give back other people's monkeys, and let them solve their own problems.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:28 -0400)

Presents various techniques designed to improve the productivity and effectiveness of managers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,515,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible