One Perfect Lie by Lisa Scottoline

One Perfect Lie (edition 2017)

by Lisa Scottoline (Author)

Member:scoutlee
Title:One Perfect Lie
Authors:Lisa Scottoline (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Press (2017), 368 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:read 2017, ebook 2017, new release 2017, mystery/suspense, Pennsylvania

One Perfect Lie by Lisa Scottoline

An emotional thriller that will keep you guessing until the very last page.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jun 12, 2017 |
This one was really hard to get into. And so not to give anything away, when it got to part 2 and shifted gears I got slightly more interested. I usually love a good thriller but I just couldn't get to excited about this one. Seemed to work way too hard to pull on the pieces together. ( )
  she_climber | May 24, 2017 |
My perseverance has finally paid off. Until One Perfect Lie, my experience of books by Lisa Scottoline hadn't been too positive. I read Most Wanted and Every Fifteen Minutes and was disappointed. I REALLY enjoyed One Perfect Lie though.
When the protagonist, Chris Brennan, an expert liar, charmed his way into Central Valley High School becoming its new Baseball coach and AP Government teacher and started befriending some of the boys, I was hooked immediately. I loved that sinister perspective. I was pretty much convinced I had the story all figured out. That was until the twist that had me thinking "oh, here we go again, it's going downhill from here."
But once I recovered from the complete surprise, I was actually on board with it all. The story was different from what I had expected, but I tend to like a good high-school, small-town saga with a lot of family drama and this fit the bill. Much of the story is from Chris' perspective, but there are also the point of views of three of the mothers whose sons Chris is coaching. Each family is struggling with their own set of problems and secrets. The characters drew me in and all the secrets and mysterious happenings kept this interesting all the way. Crime, suspense, action, family drama and even a bit of romance, this had a good mix of everything.
I felt it went a little over the top towards the end but still remained entertaining throughout. A very creatively plotted and unique story. So, third time lucky, I can now see why this author has such a following, and I will continue reading her books hoping to pick up a few more like this one. ( )
  Pet12 | May 16, 2017 |
Chris Brennan is on another undercover assignment looking for domestic terrorists at a high school. He becomes the assistant baseball coach to gather information, and in doing so becomes emotionally entangled with the boys he coaches, as well as with one of the moms. After some daring escapades in which his cover is blown, Chris, really Curt, must decide how he wants to live the rest of his life. An interesting story about domestic terrorism, but a very predictable love story that leads to a boring end. ( )
  Susan.Macura | May 7, 2017 |
This was my first Lisa Scottoline book, and it was well worth it! Set in a high school with all of the kinds of kids and adults you would expect in a great storyline about a suspected terrorist bombing. There is an undercover ATF agent at the local high school because one of those involved is potentially a high school student. The book was well written with well developed characters that you would love or hate! It was easy to get enveloped by the characters and storyline and care about the the outcome. Quite a few twists and turns, some I did not expect. Great book! I will be checking out some of her other books now. ( )
  BonnieKernene | May 5, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,214,099 books! | Top bar: Always visible