Red Rover, Perdition Games by L. E. Fraser

Red Rover, Perdition Games

by L. E. Fraser

811,035,133 (4)None

So this is the latest installment about Toronto Private Investigator Samantha McNamara and her partner Reece Hash and the third in this series that I have read this year.
This is Samantha's most personal case yet, as one of her old friends becomes a suspect in a homicide. Out of the three books in this series that I have now finished, this was my favorite. It was deliciously dark and disturbing. L.E. Fraser once again handles a large cast of characters with absolute ease. The only thing I really need to mention, and this isn't actually a criticism of the writing or the author, but just a personal reaction to this book: I absolutely 100% hated all of Samantha's so-called friends, and at times it was driving me nuts that she would just put up with their egocentric and rude behavior. I think because of that I found it a lot harder to "like" Samantha in this one. I felt truly sorry for everything poor old Reece had to put up with and thought the matters were resolved too easily. I wouldn't haven't been as forgiving.
That aside, this was a great story and I particularly liked how the villain was characterized and voiced in this one. Very well done and really chilling. I'm hoping we'll see more of Samantha and Reece in the future.
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley. ( )
  Pet12 | Jan 15, 2017 |

DEATH IS THE PRIZE IN A TWISTED GAME
An ex-football player is murdered. A National Ballet dancer commits suicide. The only link between the two deaths is Dr. Roger Peterson, a famous psychiatrist and bestselling author.

Toronto PI Samantha McNamara can't accept that her childhood friend is capable of the vicious murder or that he manipulated the emotionally fragile dancer into committing suicide. But Sam questions his innocence after she discovers that the homicide victim's schizophrenic wife is Roger's lover and patient. And the victim was about to go public with a complaint that would destroy the doctor's life.

When Sam's fiancé, ex-OPP Inspector Reece Hash, receives a troubling suicide letter from the ballerina, they realize that Roger's unethical conduct could be the symptom of a deeply disturbed mind. Or the doctor is protecting someone and has unknowingly become a pawn in a deadly game. As Sam and Reece slowly piece together the horrific truth, a killer watches and plunges them into a terrifying nightmare. Stalked by a psychopath whose greatest pleasure is the game, they must outwit the ruthless killer before they lose everything, including their lives.

The rules are simple: trust no one, believe nothing, and stay alive.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 07 Sep 2016 07:06:03 -0400)

L. E. Fraser is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible