Invasion: The Soldiers of Fear (Star Trek:…

Invasion: The Soldiers of Fear (Star Trek: The Next Generation, No. 41) (original 1996; edition 1996)

by Dean Wesley Smith (Author)

Member:alpacaherder
Title:Invasion: The Soldiers of Fear (Star Trek: The Next Generation, No. 41)
Authors:Dean Wesley Smith (Author)
Info:Pocket Books (1996), 234 pages

The Soldiers of Fear by Dean Wesley Smith (1996)

Okay, there have been some interesting, 'all encompassing' Star Trek novel serieses through the years, serieses that went through all three or four or five book serieses, this isn't one of the best of them.

Really? Our greatest fears, our greatest devils and evils were caused by aliens that visited us in the past? This is Star Trek, not Stargate (and Stargate does the aliens visited Earth in the past much, much better).

Still, it was well written for a Star Trek novel. I didn't read the first book in the series "First Strike" (and I don't plan to), and yet that really didn't matter because this novel nicely interwove the facts from the first encounter with the scary aliens in a seamless way into this novel.

I also did find it interesting to see that Troi was sedated into deep, deep unconsciousness again. I forget the title of the other book, but I think that the same thing happened in another one. And, in the back of my mind I wondered if maybe the author just didn't want to write for Deanna. Still, at least she wasn't knocked out for the entire story. Now if only the Star Trek editors/authors would write more for Beverly Crusher. Poor Doc barely even gets a supporting role in these Star Trek novels. ( )
  DanieXJ | Feb 27, 2013 |
Further interactions with the mysterious inter-dimensional intruders almost destroys the minds of the Enterprise-D crew and the ship as well. ( )
  aussieVic |

Dean Wesley Smithprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rusch, Kristine Kathrynmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

For Jerry & Kathy Oltion
Lieutenant Robert C. Young, Bobby to everyone who knew him, sat with his feet on the lip of the console before him.

A generation ago, another Starship Enterprise fought off a ship of exiled aliens intent on conquering all of the Alpha Quadrant. Starfleet thought the foe had been repelled forever - until now.

The furies have returned in mighty warships even more powerful than before. but Their weapons are more than merely physical, for these aliens are the origins of all the demons and monsters of ancient myth, and they have found a way to project fear directly into the minds of their enemies.

To defeat the Furies, and ave the Federation, Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise must first conquer the darkest terrors of their unconscious minds.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671541749, Mass Market Paperback)

Long ago, before the dawn of civilization, they were banished to the realm of nightmares. Now the terrors are real . . .

A generation ago, another "Starship Enterprise" TM fought off a ship of exiled aliens intent on conquering all of the Alpha Quadrant. Starfleet thought the foe had been repelled forever -- until now. The Furies have returned in might warships even more powerful than before. But their weapons are more than merely physical, for these aliens are the origins of all the demons and monsters of ancient myth, and they have found a way to project fear directly into the minds of their enemies. To defeat the Furies, and save the Federation, Picard and the crew of the "U.S.S. Enterprise" TM must first conquer the darkest terrors of their unconscious minds.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:48 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,798,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible