Swarm (Zeroes) by Scott Westerfeld

This is was interesting sequel, though a bit slower than the first novel. I enjoyed it, because the concept is cool and the language is extremely realistic and contemporary with today's slang. The slight bits of humor are still prevalent in the tale, which adds to the reality-feel of the tale. Though the ending was a little hard to swallow. 4 out 5 STARS ( )
  MrNattania | Jan 26, 2018 |
I really should have known better than to start a Westerfeld trilogy before it finished. Yes, I know he's not the only author, but his previous trilogies still should have taught me that the second book always ends with me going "Nooooooooo!" That said, I still loved this book and I love the characters and I have faith in the author that it will end satisfyingly. We rejoin our heroes six months after the events of the previous book. It's just before Christmas and the Zeroes have built a nightclub to experiment with their powers over a happy crowd. When some new Zeroes from another town show up and wreak havoc, they find themselves unexpectedly trying to save people. It does not go as planned. There's a fair amount of humor, some sweetness, a whole lot of drama, and some very, very sad parts. And now I have to wait a year to find out how it all turns out! ( )
  melydia | Jun 30, 2017 |
How do teens handle the responsibilities that come with unusual powers - the kind that let you do what you want without consequences? The stakes are higher in this second book of the trilogy and all the Zeroes are grappling with how to manage their powers and not let their darker sides take control. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 4, 2017 |

Scott Westerfeldprimary authorall editionscalculated
Biancotti, Deborahmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lanagan, Margomain authorall editionsconfirmed

As they celebrate the opening of their underground nightclub, the Zeroes, six teenagers with unique abilities, learn about the sinister power of Swarm, who uses a crowd's rage to kill--and who loves killing Zeroes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,889,525 books! | Top bar: Always visible