Cruelty by Roald Dahl

by Roald Dahl

Member:agneson9
Title:Cruelty
Authors:Roald Dahl
Info:London : Penguin, 2016.
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:grp-fiction, & collects

Cruelty by Roald Dahl

ab (1) bab (2) eb (1) fav-authors (1) fiction (4) own (1) short stories (2) unread (1)

“Cruelty” was my first taste of Roald Dahl’s “grown-up” writing and the first book I’ve read by this great children’s author since my primary school days.

Most of these short stories are good or very good. Only the last tale in the collection failed to appeal to me.

I’ll certainly be checking out RD’s other fiction for grown-ups. ( )
  PhilSyphe | Nov 4, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 071818565X, Paperback)

From Roald Dahl, the master of the sting in the tail, a newly collected book of his darkest stories. 'Cruelty has a human heart . . .' Even when we mean to be kind we can sometimes be cruel. We each have a streak of nastiness inside us. In these ten tales of cruelty master storyteller Roald Dahl explores how and why it is we make others suffer. Among others, you'll read the story of two young bullies and the boy they torment, the adulterous wife who uncovers her husband's secret, the man with a painting tattooed on his back whose value he doesn't appreciate and the butler and chef who run rings around their obnoxious employer. Dahl understood our deepest secrets, desires and fears and Cruelty is one of four books - the rest being Lust, Deception and Madness - that explore our hidden selves.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 06 Sep 2016 10:58:54 -0400)

Cruelty has a human heart . . .' Even when we mean to be kind we can sometimes be cruel. We each have a streak of nastiness inside us. In these ten tales of cruelty master storyteller Roald Dahl explores how and why it is we make others suffer. Among others, you'll read the story of two young bullies and the boy they torment, the adulterous wife who uncovers her husband's secret, the man with a painting tattooed on his back whose value he doesn't appreciate and the butler and chef who run rings around their obnoxious employer. Dahl understood our deepest secrets, desires and fears and Cruelty is one of four books - the rest being Lust, Deception and Madness - that explore our hidden selves.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,596,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible