Plexus: The Rosy Crucifixion II by Henry…

Plexus: The Rosy Crucifixion II (original 1953; edition 1994)

by Henry Miller

Title:Plexus: The Rosy Crucifixion II
Authors:Henry Miller
Info:Grove Press (1994), Paperback, 640 pages
Tags:erotica, fiction, society, soul, art

Plexus by Henry Miller (1953)

French (1)  Hebrew (1)  English (1)  All languages (3)
Maybe Miller's best book, loaded with lovely meditations on becoming a writer, crazy dream sequences and a pulpy vision of Brooklyn in the 1920s.

QUOTE: "I glanced at one manuscript after another, reading only a few lines at a time. Finally I came to my notes. They were as fresh and inspiring as when I had jotted them down. Some of them, which I had already made use of, were so provocative that I wanted to write the stories all over again, write them from a fresh, new angle. The more I unearthed, the more feverish I became. It was as though a huge wheel inside me had begun to revolve. I pushed everything aside and lit a cigarette. I gave myself up to a delicious reverie. All that I had wanted to write these past fall months was now writing; itself out. It oozed out like milk from a cocoanut. I had nothing to do with it. Someone else was in charge. I was merely the receiving station transmitting it to the blue." ( )
  Jasonboog | Oct 19, 2015 |
In her tight-fitting Persian dress, with turban to match, she looked ravishing.
History is the myth, the true myth, of man's fall made manifest in time.
Plexus, the second part of the Rosy Crucificxion trilogy, was originally published in two volumes. This heading covers ALL versions of the text. The best arrangement by LT conventions would be to have separate headings for Plexus 1, Plexus 2, the two volume set and the combined single volume. Anyone prepared to take this on is welcome, but otherwise all versions can sit here.

" "Plexus is the core volume in The Rosy Crucifixion: the volume which has the most complete description of Henry Miller's basic values, beliefs, opinions, judgments, both at the time of his 'Crucifixion' and at the later time when the trilogy was written. Plexus is simply the most marvelous volume of emotions and ideas and visions and nightmares about man and society in the twentieth century -- with art as the link perhaps, or as the soul's refuge -- that I have read in many a long year. There is absolutely no subject in the world that Henry Miller does not seem to know about, want to talk about, and to evaluate with the deep authority of wisdom. He is probably the most learned of all our American writers, the most open to ideas and feelings, and yes, the most worshipful of all the aspects of life, as well as the most critical literary spokesman of our time." -- Maxwell Geismar." -- Publisher description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,852,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible