The Light: A Modern-Day Journey for Peace by…

The Light: A Modern-Day Journey for Peace

by Judith T. Lambert

212,551,640 (3.5)None
Recently added byCheryl-L-B, JudithLambert

This is a novel but it incorporates many real-life aspects of the author's life. The story delves into the meanings of various religious/spiritual symbols which are shared by many different belief systems; nearly all share some version of the idea that light represents the power and purity of what is most generally referred to as God. Jude, the main character in the book, goes on a journey to understand the symbolism revealed in some of her dreams. She researches books, she travels overseas and she meets and talks to people about their beliefs. An interesting journey and an enjoyable book. ( )
  Cheryl-L-B | Dec 14, 2016 |
"The black moment is the moment when the real message of transformation is going to come. At the darkest moment comes the light."    Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth (1988)
This book is dedicated to: That within and without
and to those
who make it possible
to see.
It's as if I have been propelled by an unknown force into the night sky.
As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud.  I am a Jew but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene.    Albert Einstein

The ground-breaking novel on the near-death experience that unveils the roots to a global spirituality.  A modern woman has an extraordinary dream that seems like a near-death experience. This gives rise to a quest for truth and a journey that unveils religion's common denominator. . .The Light.

Religion’s common denominator . . . The Light

God does not have a religion.
God does not speak a language.
God does not have a culture.
It is we who require these things.

Why has humankind always sought the Light? What do pharaohs and prophets and festivals around the world tell us about the meaning of the Light? A modern woman has an extraordinary dream that seems like a near-death experience. This gives rise to a quest for truth. Dissatisfied with answers at home, she takes her search abroad and enters a world of knowledge through the people she encounters. Propelled by what she discovers, her journey continues to the foundation of religious unity.

The Light: A Modern-Day Journey for Peace moves beyond those elements first popularized by Ray Moody M.D., to the premise that the Light of the near-death experience is actually the bedrock of religion. This modern-day story melds the varieties of religious experience into a visual whole. The essence of God becomes globally and tangibly defined. A guide for today and beyond, this book chronicles the possibility of a renaissance in religion and transforms our understanding through its inviting message. Gods and the names for God have changed in every era, yet one dynamic remains constant—the Light.

Learn how the near-death experience is the springboard for a universal connection. This journey uncovers our prevailing spiritual unity despite our world’s seemingly different beliefs. Ultimately, The Light: A Modern-Day Journey for Peace shows the powerful spiritual bond we have with one another.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 22 Aug 2016 01:27:48 -0400)

Judith T. Lambert is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,269,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible