dismiss

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power,…

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists… (original 2016; edition 2016)

by J. K. Rowling

No Muggle Prime Minister has ever set foot in the Ministry of Magic, for reasons most succinctly summed up by ex-Minister Dugald McPhail (term of office 1858-1865): ¿their puir wee braines couldnae cope wi¿ it.¿¿ ¿ J.K. RowlingPottermore Presents is a collection of J.K. Rowling¿s writing from the Pottermore archives: short reads originally featured on pottermore.com with some exclusive new additions. These eBooks, with writing curated by Pottermore, will take you beyond the Harry Potter stories as J.K. Rowling reveals her inspiration, intricate details of characters¿ lives and surprises from the wizarding world.… (more)
Member:joeeasterly
Title:Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists (Pottermore Presents, #2)
Authors:J. K. Rowling
Info:Pottermore from J.K. Rowling (2016), Kindle Edition, 63 pages
Collections:Fiction & Literature

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists by J. K. Rowling (2016)

Interesting to learn a bit more about the bothersome Umbridge. The name origins of Azkaban and Slughorn. Peeves! The names of all the Ministers of Magic and how long they were in office. Interesting stuff! ( )
  BelindaS7 | Apr 14, 2020 |
This collection of stories provides background on some of the darker history and aspects of the wizarding world. Delve into the history of Azkaban and the dementors. Learn about the successes and failures of the Ministers for Magic. Gain some insight into the ruthlessness of Professor Umbridge as well as Horace Slughorn’s history at Hogwarts and his acquaintance with Tom Riddle, the student destined to become Lord Voldemort.

Well written and informative, I very much enjoyed this glimpse into the history of Hogwarts and the wizarding world in which it resides. ( )
  BookGeekBeth | Jan 6, 2020 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

As with the previous book, Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists, gives some much awaited insights into the wizarding world.

While it was fun to read, I particularly liked the listing of all the Ministers of Magic and some information on them, as it was clearly some information not necessarily needed for the series. Also, some history.

One thing I did notice, as with the previous book is that it is clear which characters JK Rowling likes best, because some of the teachers deserved a better/longer chapter. ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
I think this is the weakest collection of short stories from Pottermore. It covers ministry officials, Azkaban, Peeves, and a few other things. I did love learning more of the history of Dolores Umbridge and Professor Slughorn. ( )
  bookworm12 | Aug 8, 2019 |
3.5stars
I was excited for these series, but they fall a bit too short - they read like excerpts from pottermore (the bit about Umbridge actually was).
I don't get why you should pay for something that was free on the first place? It would have been better if it was styled better, again like it was on pottermore, with pictures or even better if they used the new kindle in motion feature.
How about the actual stories though?
You get some background information about Peeves, Umbridge, Slughorn and Quirrell. Dolore's backstory was excellent, but I was already familiar with it.
So, I would recommend skipping this, unless you are a hardcore fan and must have everything Rowling writes about her young wizard and his marvelous world. I haven't read the others to compare yet.
  asthepageturns | Jun 13, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,215,458 books! | Top bar: Always visible