Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power,…

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists… (original 2016; edition 2016)

by J. K. Rowling

Member:joeeasterly
Title:Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists (Pottermore Presents, #2)
Authors:J. K. Rowling
Info:Pottermore from J.K. Rowling (2016), Kindle Edition, 63 pages
Collections:Fiction & Literature

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists by J. K. Rowling (2016)

After all the excitement about the release of these books, I was a little disappointed. The title of 'Short Stories' implies that there are actual stories inside, but there aren't.

These books are for the devoted fans who want to know the background on the characters. It gives short biographies of a couple of main characters, it lists all the ministers of the Ministry for Magic over the centuries, and gives the history of Azkaban. The only one I found interesting was the biography of Peeves the Poltergeist.

For me personally, it felt more like reading the authors own characters notes, which had then been fleshed out for this release.

My 11 year old son was disappointed too. ( )
  purplequeennl | Jul 11, 2018 |
Interesting if you are into the Harry Potter series and want to learn more about the universe it's in. ( )
  Perrin.Goldeneyes | Apr 16, 2018 |
Definitely worth a quick read for any fan of the world of Witchcraft and Wizardry who’s looking for a bit of inside scoop from the author about certain characters, their motivations, and I especially liked her tidbits on why she picked or created the names for some of those in the stories, I loved those little peaks inside the author’s thought process.
  RivetedReaderMelissa | Mar 22, 2018 |
The background on Umbridge's life and peeves beginning was fun to read. ( )
  M.Akter.Tonima | Nov 3, 2017 |
Another fictional history of her characters. Enjoyable to read and informative. ( )
  Jychelle88 | Oct 16, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,260,417 books! | Top bar: Always visible