The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay…

The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay (Viking Tales) (edition 2016)

by Aoife Lennon-Ritchie (Author)

1031,299,547 (2.88)None
Member:MatronMurphy
Title:The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay (Viking Tales)
Authors:Aoife Lennon-Ritchie (Author)
Info:Month9Books, LLC (2016), 305 pages

The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay (Viking Tales) by Aoife Lennon-Ritchie

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a pretty decent book. I won't say it was excellent but it was definitely entertaining. In a way I would compare it to A Series of Unfortunate Events, though I did enjoy this more. A good choice for middle grade readers who love fantasy and fiction.

*I received a copy of this book for free. The review is my own, honest, and unsolicited. ( )
  UrbanAudreyE | Jul 2, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Having problems reading this as Adobe keeps buzzing with a message stating there is a fault in the format of the book. ( )
  Barnabas-Collins | Nov 4, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Dani and Ruairi are taken out of school for a vacation to Yondersaay, a Nordic country, with their mother and granny. During the voyage, granny tells the children the epic Viking tale of the founding of Yondersaay. The children are captivated and decide to go on a journey of their own.

As much as I wanted to get into the book, I couldn't. It felt like a slog. Granny's storytelling take up too much of the book; I was reading more dialogue than plot. ( )
  06nwingert | Sep 11, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Two children travel with their Mum and Granny from S Africa to Yondersaay for the Christmas holidays. Yondersaay is a hidden island to the north of the 'Land of the Scots' steeped in Viking legends, and originally Granny's home. The children love Granny's stories and when they arrive on Yondersaay they find themselves in the midst of an adventure involving kidnapping, attempted murder and the Norse God Odin.
A great read full of legend and mystery that is both fun and a thrill to follow. ( )
  Adelyn20 | Sep 10, 2016 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Aoife Lennon-Ritchie's book The Extremely Epic Viking Tale of Yondersaay was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Tantrum Books

An edition of this book was published by Tantrum Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,465,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible