Below the Belt by Stuart Woods

Below the Belt

by Stuart Woods

I picked this book up from the library because I had read decent reviews on Goodreads. The only thing I found interesting in this book was a character who seem to be modeled on Donald Trump. I skimmed through most of it as this was about my 10th Stone Barrington book and I understand the story template. Meh. ( )
  writemoves | Jul 16, 2017 |
Stone Barrington tied to only one lover? Hmmmm. But she is a pistol, knows what she wants and tells him how it is going to be. I like her. She's career driven and moving up fast in DC. He is involved in the political intrigue of the country with a gentleman who is being groomed by the rich and powerful for the top spot. A plot that is extremely current these days. It's a fun, fast read. My thanks to the author and the Penguin First to Read program for a complimentary copy. ( )
  musichick52 | May 27, 2017 |
Below the Belt by Stuart Woods
Stone Barrington Series Book # 40
3.5 Stars

From The Book:
Newly ensconced in his Santa Fe abode with a lovely female companion, Stone Barrington receives a call from an old friend requesting a delicate favor. A situation has arisen that could escalate into an explosive quagmire, and only someone with Stone’s stealth and subtlety can contain the damage. At the center of these events is an impressive gentleman whose star is on the rise, and who’d like to get Stone in his corner. He’s charming and ambitious and has friends in high places; the kind of man who seems to be a sure bet. But in the fickle circles of power, fortunes rise and fall on the turn of a dime, and it may turn out that Stone holds the key not just to one man’s fate, but to the fate of the nation.

My Thoughts:
Thank you, Mr. Woods. Once again you have given us our "old" Stone Barrington and not the fast and loose playboy that he had been in some previous books. Good to have Stone back.

This one only received 3.5 stars from me...not because it wasn't interesting or well written...but because in places it had entirely too much politics. After our recent real election fiasco, I just didn't need anymore politics. There were some scary truths in the storyline though. The idea that a mega rich man could dare to think he could buy his very own President along with his own cabinet members while eliminating anyone that stood in his way...and nearly succeeding.

Like all of Stuart Wood's books it is a fast read and has absolutely no wasted words. He gets right to the point. ( )
  Carol420 | Feb 4, 2017 |
Stone Barrington returns, this time to assist the former president Will Lee by secreting away a package that has the potential to harm Kate Lee’s chances for election to a second term. Stone, of course, agrees, and takes possession of the case only to find himself embroiled in shady hijinks involving those who would like to relieve him of said case and its contents.

With its familiar cast of characters, and a few new ones, this Stone Barrington tale entertains the reader with its snappy dialogue and twisty plot. The fast-paced action keeps the suspense mounting; readers are likely to find it difficult to set this enjoyable tale aside before reaching the final page.

Recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Jan 30, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this like I always do. I always love Stone Barrington novels. I like to see a little more of his friends in the stories like his son and Dino. I hope he keeps on with this series. I received an ebook copy of this from firsttoread for a fair and honest opinion. ( )
  Virginia51 | Dec 25, 2016 |

Stone Barrington is back in the newest breakneck thriller from #1 New York Times–bestselling author Stuart Woods.

Stone Barrington and the gang are back in the line of fire, but with his usual unflappable aplomb, Stone always comes out on top.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 18 Sep 2016 02:27:19 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,534,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible