This work was published in two editions. The first (1956) was issued in both hardcover and paperback, and the second (1966) in paperback only. The two editions differ only in minor edits to reflect changes in landmarks between the mid-50s and mid-60s, and should be combined.
The cover of the second edition is red-on-yellow (as opposed to purple-on-buff for the first), and has a simpler design with the Dukes County Historical Society seal larger and lower on the page. The editor's name does not appear on the cover of the second edition.