Miss You: A Novel by Kate Eberlen

Miss You: A Novel

by Kate Eberlen

English (10)  Dutch (1)  All languages (11)
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A great story! I really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to reading more of this authors work in future. I received a copy of Miss You from Early Reviewers in exchange for an honest review! ( )
  Devlindusty | Aug 27, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was such a great read....I loved the story, characters and how the story was woven together. I could not put the book down! The author did a wonderful job telling the story of Tess and Gus, beginning when they are both just eighteen years old. The book continues through their young lives and through the many chance encounters or near encounters they have through the next several years. While they both suffer loss, heartbreak and career challenges, we get to see how they each find their ways on the path to happiness.

As an Early Reviewer, I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Carrie88 | Aug 21, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were engaging and interesting--keeping the story moving. Gus and Tess are realistic characters with paths that are parallel but yet they never intersect. The book follows their journey over 13 years with all of the joy, struggle and grief for each. The story is relatable on so many layers that it is hard to put down. All along as a reader you are rooting for the two characters to get together. While it is somewhat of a romance, it is so much more. Without giving away the story, I can definitely recommend this summer read.

Reader received a complimentary copy from Library Thing Early Reviewers ( )
1 vote dgmlrhodes | Jul 11, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher.

Talk about destiny and meant-to-be. This is a clever premise - the story of Tess and Gus, who, by fate, seem to be in one another's vicinity many times throughout their lives, but somehow they do not connect. Told in alternating chapters about each character's life, the reader is taken through the parallel stories as Tess and Gus survive tragedies in their lives and learn from their mistakes. Each story could be a stand-alone novella and I was fully engaged in their journeys. The writing is witty and the plots and subplots are believable and interesting. This is a great beach read. ( )
  ravensfan | Jul 1, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Absolutely loved it! I think some books just find a way into your life at the right time and this might be a case of that. Maybe six months from now I wouldn't feel quite the same way but this was just the perfect read for me at the moment. The premise isn't really groundbreaking as it's just a story about two people who meet in Italy and share a brief moment in time but go back to England alone. The book follows their lives for the next 16 years as they experience heartache, love, etc..

On an emotional level I just really connected with the characters, particularly Tess. I had a feeling early on this would be a tear jerker and sure enough it was. This might be a depressing read for some but I couldn't put it down as there is something about following characters over the course of years that just gets me every time. Really loved this one!

I won a free copy of this book from LibraryThing but was under no obligation to post a review. All views expressed are my honest opinion. ( )
  fastforward | Jun 14, 2018 |

In the tradition of One Day, a wryly romantic story about two strangers who meet briefly as teens in Florence and whose paths cross again many times over the course of the next sixteen years, until they’re finally brought back together

What if the person you’re looking for is standing right next to you, and you don’t even know it?

“Today is the first day of the rest of your life,” reads the motto on a plate in the kitchen at home, and Tess can’t get it out of her head, even though she’s in Florence for a final, idyllic holiday before she starts university in London.

Gus and his parents are also visiting Florence, seven months after their lives changed suddenly and tragically. Gus, headed to medical school, is trying to be a dutiful son, but he longs to escape and discover who he really is.

On that day, the paths of an eighteen-year-old girl and boy criss-cross before they each return to England, to futures that are wildly different from the ones they’d envisioned for themselves.

Over the course of the next sixteen years, life and love will offer them very different challenges. Separated by distance and fate, there’s no way the two of them are ever going to meet each other—until they each find themselves back in Florence, all those years later….

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 17 Sep 2016 18:41:26 -0400)

"In the tradition of ONE DAY, a wryly romantic debut story about two strangers who meet briefly as teens in Florence and whose paths cross again many times over the course of the next sixteen years, until they're finally brought back together"--

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Kate Eberlen's book Miss You is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,984,390 books! | Top bar: Always visible