The Devil's Triangle by Catherine Coulter

The Devils Triangle by Catherine Coulter & J.T. Ellison
A Brit in the FBI series Book # 4
4 ****

From The Book:
FBI Special Agents Nicholas Drummond and Michaela Caine are the government’s Covert Eyes—leading a top-notch handpicked team of agents to tackle crimes and criminals both international and deadly. But their first case threatens their fledgling team when the Fox calls from Venice asking for help.

Kitsune has stolen an incredible artifact from the Topkapi Museum in Istanbul, and now the client wants her dead. She has a warning for Nick and Mike: she’s overheard talk that a devastating Gobi desert sandstorm that’s killed thousands in Beijing isn’t a natural phenomenon, rather is produced by man. The Covert Eyes team heads to Venice, Italy, to find out the truth.

From New York to Venice and from Rome to the Bermuda Triangle, Nicholas and Mike and their team are in a race against time, and nature herself, to stop an obsessed family from devastating Washington, DC.

My Views:
This is a really good series but it is one that absolutely must be read in order. [The Devil's Triangle]
delivers action, murder, technology, romance, humor, and justice. What more could you ask for? Catherine Coulter and J.T. Ellison bring together their outstanding writing and story telling skills to bring their story alive until the very last page. I recommend this series to all that love a well told mystery with an excellent cast of characters. ( )
  Carol420 | Apr 20, 2017 |
I received a free advance e-copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley and have chosen to write an honest review. I enjoy reading about MAX, Savich and Sherlock in Catherine Coulter’s FBI Thriller series. I also enjoy reading JT Ellison’s Taylor Jackson series. It doesn’t get any better than this. Coulter and Ellison are great together. This is the first book that I’ve read from A Brit in the FBI series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a fast paced thriller full of twists and turns. The authors have a very unique way of connecting events from the past to the present in an adventure that brings to mind Indiana Jones and James Bond with ties to the Knights Templar, the Bermuda Triangle, and lost archaeological artifacts. I thank both authors for including MAX, Savich, and Sherlock. The action never quits. This is an exceptionally well-written thriller that held my attention right up until the very end. This is a keeper that is well worth the read. I look forward to reading more from both of these authors in the future. ( )
  iadam | Mar 25, 2017 |
THE DEVIL'S TRIANGLE BY CATHERINE COULTER: is the latest book in a long line of fast, paced high action books This is the first of this series I have read but it makes no difference you can pick up the characters very quickly. I especially loved the premise of the plot. A weather machine in the hands of two crazies? I love it! If you think her FBI series is hot just read this series!

I received this book from netgalley in exchange for a honest review. ( )
  DDJTJ1 | Mar 14, 2017 |
Catherine Coulter & JT Ellison have formed a writing partnership that is out of this world! It's as if they can read each other's minds! You can't tell when they are changing writers or influence because the book flows perfectly. The characters are well written & realistic. The plot line is tight & riveting. The interactions between the characters are engaging. They convey respect & reliance on each other & their abilities. You get a total sense of the Grandfather & the lines he will/will not cross although I can not fathom his rationale for the loss of life in his disasters. The twins are the very face of evil. I've found that I love this series every bit as much as I love Catherine Coulter's FBI Thriller series. If you love intrigue, suspense & danger with a touch of romance, you really have to read this book! Even though "A Brit in the FBI" is a series, each book is written such that it can be read as a stand alone. There is a group of recurring characters but each incident begins & ends in the one book. I do love the occasional pop ins of characters from Ms. Coulter's FBI Thriller series but they are short lived & will not confuse the reader. I can't wait for the next in the series!

Thank you to NetGalley & Simon & Schuster for allowing me to receive, read & review this story. All thoughts are entirely my own & stated voluntarily. ( )
  Pam50627 | Mar 12, 2017 |
I like both Catherine Coulter and J.T. Ellison, so I'm surprised by the lackluster feel I have for this book overall.

The Devil's Triangle ventures into both the techno and sci-fi zones. The plot requires that you step into the edge of the twilight zone. Also, this is the type of thriller where we have bullets flying all over the place, and superhero cops who manage to outrun them all, or zigzag through them without getting hit. This would all be workable, had the plot kept me riveted and had the characters compelled me to take that leap along with them. Unfortunately, the story as a whole just didn't come together for me.

My main issues with the book are all tied up with the characters. First, we have a lot of them, and we jump in and out of their heads with no clear reasoning. Too many viewpoint characters make it difficult to connect, turning this into a needlessly rambling saga. The book is quite long, at 512 pages, and despite the many action scenes, I felt every one of those 512 pages.

The only character I connected with an liked was Kitsune, who is consistently and irritatingly referred to as "the thief" by every other character. The twins are ridiculous caricatures of completely evil psychopaths, who have somehow managed to also remain high-functioning, respected members of society. The cops lack personality, with one easily being interchangeable with another. And the dialogue feels forced and unnatural.

If you enjoy plot-driven stories of international intrigue, then you might love this book. I wasn't enthralled, but I can certainly see how some readers would love it.

*I was provided with an advance ebook copy by the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for my honest review.* ( )
  Darcia | Feb 25, 2017 |

Coulter, Catherineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ellison, J. T.main authorall editionsconfirmed

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,696,275 books! | Top bar: Always visible