Anxiety-Free Kids: An Interactive Guide for…

Anxiety-Free Kids: An Interactive Guide for Parents and Children (2nd ed.) (edition 2016)

by Bonnie Zucker (Author)

Member:onyx95
Title:Anxiety-Free Kids: An Interactive Guide for Parents and Children (2nd ed.)
Authors:Bonnie Zucker (Author)
Info:Prufrock Press (2016), Edition: 2, 336 pages

Anxiety-Free Kids: An Interactive Guide for Parents and Children (2nd ed.) by Bonnie Zucker

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Well written and provides a good range of information for practical use based on current paradigms in treatment and prevention. Succeeds as both a useful tool for the lay person and the academic. Recommended. ( )
  MrStrand | May 17, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
As a person who has an anxiety disorder herself, and now has a child dealing with it, I was thrilled to receive this book. Anxiety has been on our radar, so to speak, for years, so this wasn't necessarily a lot of NEW information, but I found this book to be a valuable resource nonetheless. It summarizes everything you need to know beautifully, and walks you through various strategies thoroughly and step-by-step.

Do be aware that for best results you will also need the child's workbook to go along with this. ( )
  mnegranza | Jan 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I find this book very helpful as I myself have a child with anxiety. It employs scientifically based approaches to help kids with a wide range of anxiety symptoms. It is presented in an easy to understand, and easy to use format. The book synthesizes a wide range of therapeutic approaches in a manner that can be easily translated into immediate application by the layman. I highly recommend this book. I received this book in an EarlyReviewers Giveaway. ( )
  julieandbeli | Dec 1, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was lucky to have been selected as a early reviewer through Lubrarything.com last month. I am a psychologist that did my postdoctoral training specializing in children and families. I have been trained I. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), training at University Of Utah Neuropsychiatric Intitute where I was taught to use "The Coping Cat" manualized program ofor children with anxiety by Dr. Kendall. Anxiety-Free Kids: An Interactive Guide for Parents and Children (2nd Ed.) by Psychologist Dr. Bonnie Zucker. This book was well organized, gave good examples, and was very readable educational and informative for both children and parents on what anxiety is and how to use a number of coping skills. I highly recommend picking up this great book. I talked about after reading this book in two days and two people asked me if they could borrow it. Thank you for selecting me to read this great book. ( )
  DrT | Nov 12, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is full of useful info on how to actually move forward with strategies for dealing with anxiety.
  lwillou2 | Nov 8, 2016 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Bonnie Zucker's book Anxiety-Free Kids: An Interactive Guide for Parents and Children (2nd ed.) was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,418,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible