Dangerous Minds: A Knight and Moon Novel by…

Dangerous Minds: A Knight and Moon Novel (edition 2017)

by Janet Evanovich (Author)

Member:Laura_lita
Title:Dangerous Minds: A Knight and Moon Novel
Authors:Janet Evanovich (Author)
Info:Bantam (2017), Edition: First Edition first Printing, 336 pages
Collections:Series

Dangerous Minds: A Knight and Moon Novel by Janet Evanovich

Light-hearted fluff from the author of the Stephanie Plum series, Knight is too eccentric to be either believable or truly engaging. ( )
  crankybookwyrm | Sep 17, 2017 |
Emerson Knight and Riley Moon team up again to locate Wayan Bagus' missing island. A far-fetched romp into the nefarious workings of the National Park Service who are mining strange matter to make a weapon of global destruction. Silly, but the light script and the quick read probably means I will read the next in the series when it comes out. ( )
  phoenixcomet | Aug 30, 2017 |
I read CURIOUS MINDS, the first book in this new series and liked the main characters and the story. I looked forward to future books. DANGEROUS MINDS is the second and was a disappointment.
The book begins with Riley Moon trying to sort out a spreadsheet as she worked on untangling the financial mess for the Knight family. She had been hired by the latest heir, Emerson Knight, and, after two months, was ready to set fire to all the papers in frustration.
They were soon joined by Emerson’s cousin Vernon and by Wayan Bagus, a Buddhist monk from Samoa with whom Emerson had once studied.
Bagus had a major problem. The month before, some uniformed men came to his island and told him he had to leave. He resisted and they forcibly removed him. When he was able to return a month later, the island was gone.
Knight, Moon, Vernon, and Bagus set out to try to find out what could have happened that would make an island disappear. They gather information about other things or people that disappeared without a trace and find a common thread: volcanos, particularly mantle plumes. Their trip takes them from their homes in Washington DC to Yellowstone National Park to Hawaii.
Along the way, they discover some rather nasty government secrets and some very nasty people, part of the Rough Riders unit.
The story dragged at several points. The minor character seemed like caricatures. I found the plot to be too unbelievable although there are people who are convinced that the government would run a program like this one. There was also some mild but gratuitous sex scenes. I hope that if the series continues, it improves. ( )
  Judiex | Jul 25, 2017 |
Dangerous Minds is the second installment of the Knight and Moon series. What draws me to this series is that it is just comical. I mean where else can I read a book that has phrases like “whack-a-doodle and “crap on a cracker.” I also very much enjoy the light-hearted romance that is developing between Emerson and Riley. I like that they are both aware of the building attraction but they keep it fun. I read a lot of books and sometimes I just need a story that is just entertaining and is an easy read. I find that anything from author Janet Evanovich matches that desire and this story definitely kept me laughing.

In the latest installment, Emerson Knight’s friend Wayan Bagus was living on a deserted island until some government officials came and kicked him off. He went in search of Emerson because he needed help and figured that Emerson would be the man who could make that happen. In the meantime, Riley Moon is still at the Knight estate assisting Emerson in his wily escapades. Although she is not too sure of what she wants, after graduating from Harvard working for an eccentric billionaire was never her plan.

With the appearance of Wayan, Knight and Moon start to search for clues and stumble upon a conspiracy that has been in place for over a hundred years. This conspiracy has the craziest origins and is just hilariously unbelievable. One thing that I thought was cool was that this is the second book that I read this week that touches on

**********mild spoiler - Ignore if you choose********** harvesting strange matter/exotic matter. Basically, that is matter (something physical that occupies space and has inertia proportional to its mass) that is hypothesized to occur in the core of neutron stars, or in the case of exotic matter deviates from normal matter with exotic properties.******end mild spoiler******

So I actually found that part of this book to be quite interesting.

Knight and Moon take on the mystery of what happened to Wayan’s island and enlist a few friends along the way. As always, they run into the craziest of people and the zaniest of situations. I did like the fact that Dangerous Minds was set in multiple locations, with my favorite being Yellowstone National Park. You might want to put a pin in that location if you are ever in a reading challenge that requires you to read a book about that National Park. Having been in enough reading challenges that is not a crazy statement. It could happen. Overall, this was a light read that delivered an afternoon of comedic relief with a touch of romance. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Jul 13, 2017 |
Eccentric millionaire Emerson Knight learns that his friend’s island has disappeared and, aided by Riley Moon, his brother Vernon, and Buddhist monk Wayan Bagus, he sets out to learn how anyone could steal an island. His investigation reveals a well-kept secret, one the National Park Service has guarded for more than a century.

Emerson and his friends soon find their lives jeopardized by a clandestine group of park rangers determined to keep the secret for themselves. Should they fail to foil the renegade rangers’ insidious plot, a disastrous Armageddon may be unleashed on the entire world.

Emerson and Riley return for a second zany adventure. This tale, filled with quirky characters, improbable situations, and harebrained schemes, draws readers in from the first page and will have them chuckling their way through this madcap adventure.

Highly recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Jul 6, 2017 |

The perfectly mismatched crime-fighting duo—Emerson Knight and Riley Moon—return in the second electrifying mystery by #1 New York Times bestselling author Janet Evanovich.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 16 Sep 2016 22:39:50 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,955,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible