Islamicates Volume I: Science Fiction…

by Muhammad Aurangzeb Ahmad (Author)

811,526,666 (2)None
Member:notecloud
Title:Islamicates Volume I: Science Fiction Anthology of Short Stories inspired by Muslim Cultures
Authors:Muhammad Aurangzeb Ahmad (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2016), 234 pages
Rating:*

Islamicates Volume I: Science Fiction Anthology of Short Stories inspired by Muslim Cultures by Muhammad Aurangzeb Ahmad

Islamicate is a scholarly term used to describe things that are part of Muslim culture, but not derived from Islam. A common example is wine poetry, which is found in the Arabic speaking world, but obviously has nothing to do with religion.

The science fiction stories in this collection all focus on Muslims, sometimes in interaction with other cultures, sometimes fully within a Muslim society. On the whole, it's not a bad collection. A couple of the stories are really excellent and even the poorest are no worse than 2.5 stars.

Based on the quality of the stories alone, I would rate this collection 3.5 stars. Unfortunately, the book is in desperate need of copy editing. Typographical errors, repeated and missing words, the works. Bad enough for me to dock a half a star from my rating. The book is titled Volume 1, and I would be happy to pick up Volume 2 should it come out, but if Mr. Ahmad wants me to consider Volume 3, he needs to hire a copy editor. ( )
  DemetriosX | Nov 21, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,304,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible